Question from Raichu_ex

Do all brands of SD cards work on Wii?

I bought a Kodak one a few weeks ago, and it was working great until yesterday, when I kept getting the error message "The Device Inserted In The SD Card Slot Can't Be Used". Is it a problem with the brand, or SD card problem? Help would be appreciated.

Raichu_ex provided additional details:

Is there any brand that you guys would recommend to me? Because I would rather not format it >>

teppy92 answered:

The Wii is not compatible with SDHC cards (Secure Digital High Capacity), which are generally the cards that are larger than 2GB with "SDHC" on the card. Maybe this could be the issue. If not, Sandisk SD cards are pretty reliable and popular.
2 0

Answers

Ripper22 answered:

It should work, as long as it is a standard size SD card. I would guess that the problem lies with the card itself, for instance, it may be in the locked position rather than unlocked, which doesn't allow it to be used in that case.
1 0

SheeEttin answered:

Consider formatting it. Any camera that accepts SD cards should have this option, or, if you can attach it to your computer, you can format it through there.

Note that formatting it will delete all the files on it. If you can hook it up to your computer and copy any files off of it first, that'd be recommended.
(Note that I don't have a Wii, so I don't know if your computer can read a Wii's SD card.)
1 0

NickDreadskull answered:

In most game stores they sell special Wii SD cards so it works perfectly.
0 1

Why do my memory cards not want work? Answered triforceofskill
About Wii Points cards...? Answered hylianarmy
SD cards supported? Answered Minor_Annoyance
The Wii and SD memory cards? Answered henryusa1
Is it possible to switch GC Memory Cards while the power is on? Open master_gamer11