Question from Distant_Rainbow

Wii bought in Singapore?

I have a few questions regarding Wiis bought in Singapore.

1. What is its regional code? I've heard that it was NTSC; does this mean that Wiis bought from Singapore have the same regional codes as Wiis bought from the US, thus being able to play US-released games?

2. If so, can a Wii from Singapore connect to the US Wii Shop Channel and access US Virtual Console games without any problems/additional things to do?

Distant_Rainbow provided additional details:

@ellis123:

What exactly is setting up the Wii as a 'US' Wii? Sorry about the newbish answers; haven't actually bought/used a Wii before and I need to know everything before actually going ahead and buying it.

And another thing; if I take this Wii to another country, would it work fine there, as long as I'm trying to play US games on it?

@ retceps:
Oh, so there are three different types of Wii sold in Singapore? That's interesting; I must make sure not to buy the JPN one then, since I want to play US games.

Another question then... what about Virtual Console with the Asian Wii? Does the Asian Wii use the US Wii Shop Channel, or the JPN one? I'm asking since I there are some VC games I'm wishing to play as well.

Answers

redluigi11 answered:

you can not used US games or US Wii Shop Channel you use EU games and Wii Shop Channel don't worry it's the same thing.
0 0

ellis123 answered:

1. The regional code is NTSC - U, the exact same as a Wii bought in America. They also have the same exact hardware, but with the power adaptor changed to fit the standard in Singapore. By this fact, they should be able to play US games.

2. If you set up the Wii as a "US" Wii, it should be able to download the games just fine.
0 0

retceps answered:

There are 3 type of Wii in Singapore-Asian Wii, US Wii and JPN Wii. Asian Wii can play both JPN and US games, US Wii can only play US game, while JPN Wii can play only JPN game.
0 0

Lum_Yatsura answered:

The actual Nintendo distribution partner in Singapore markets only US region consoles.
However it's likely hacked or import versions are very common to find there.
0 0