Question from Evanism_89

Black Screen, Wii wont even turn on!!!???

I was playing mario kart wii and all of a sudden the game would not load, after waiting a while with no results i turned of my Wii. Now whenever i try to turn my Wii on it wont even turn on. Any ideas about whats happing? Any suggestions?

Hamcake asked for clarification:

Did you ever install homebrew on it?

lolcoldad asked for clarification:

this only occurs when trying to download the update to COD Black Ops?

Answers

Gamerpro2134 answered:

i Think Your Wii Is Full-Bricked. Which Means The Only Way To Fix This Is To Send It To Nintendo. Or Take Out The Plugs In The Back And Put It Back It.
0 0

Oxguy3 answered:

Yeah, it sounds like your Wii is toast. But maybe not. Follow these directions from Nintendo to see if it really is bricked. If it is, there's a link there for repairs.

www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/power.jsp#no_power
0 0

KABOMBOMB answered:

check that you're on the right video channel with your television. if the light won't even go green, Nintendo are only to help with that.
0 0

roy_newell answered:

This is not a bricked wii.
Wii's can not possibly brick mid game, the only potential way of that happening is the flash chip just completely corrupting. Never ever read of that happening with any console ever.
Homebrew will make no difference here as again, would not happen mid game, literally impossible.

Basically, either the wifi module or the bluetooth module has died. Those 2 are the only components (other than certain motherboard components which are very unlikely to fail) that will stop the wii working totally and just present the user with a black screen at boot. (the same to look at as a full brick via badly doing homebrew). If its in warranty send it to nintendo, if it isn't, take it apart and replace the wifi or bluetooth module which is an easy job if you are ok at taking things apart
0 0

gamer1302 answered:

Ummm.... did you try taking both ends of your plugs out for 5 min. amd pluging them back in?
If not try it, it has happend multiple times to me, the red light isn't even on and i looked at the manual and it said unplug BOTH ends and wait for 5 minutes sand it worked and now it only happens when the power goes out or the power surges so idk :P
0 0

I turn my wii on and the screen freezes. Help? Answered pokemonstranger
My wii won't turn on? Open pac-man35
Can you turn off the *A* button?? Answered nathlovesyou
Why does my wii randomly turn off? Answered asuka_anime
My WiiMote won't turn on? Open thesanchize