Wii remote connection problems. What to do?

1. Our two remotes were working fine a few months ago, and we didn't use them for a while since school started. Now, when I got a new game, Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility, and tried to play, the remotes won't connect to the console. I tried the holding the button for 15 seconds on the safety screen and failed to get any response. The lights blink erratically when we try to sync them, sometimes going from four to three to two and blinks out or four to three then blinks out or even just one then blinks out. We don't know how to fix it, and I'd really like help. The pointer does not appear at all and we are at a loss as to what to do.

The old batteries had run out already, and we were trying to see if it really was broken, we used the television remote ones, which worked on the television so I'm sure it's still functional, at least.

User Info: AmberFire284

AmberFire284 - 7 years ago

1. I had this problem at one point. Not sure if yours is exactly the same though. All I did to correct it was unplug the Wii from the wall for a few minutes and plug it back in. After that I was able to sync them up again properly. YOu may want to try brand new batteries as well. The Wii remotes use MUCH more energy than a TV remote, so batteries that have a charge enough to power the TV remote may not have enough juice to sustain the constant power required by the Wii Remote((TV remotes use basically zero power until you actually hit a button))

User Info: RazielsLegacy

RazielsLegacy - 7 years ago 2 0