Wii not spinning disc. What is the problem?

1. So my wii has been having some problems. I blame Netflix since it started happening after i started using Netflix. It use to read discs but now it would have trouble with reading them. Sometimes it would say "unable to read disc" and it would sometimes make clicking noises and leads me to a black screen saying it cant be read. Now it wont even spin the disc leaving it blank. Could it be the laser or the disc drive?Should i buy the laser cleaner or a new disc drive? Or could it be another problem. btw it plays VC games and other channels, just no discs.

User Info: WPlaza

WPlaza - 6 years ago

1. It is usually a good idea to try cleaning first, but you shouldn't need to buy a new disc drive.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k - 4 months ago 1 0

Answers

1. The disk spinner I probably broken. Instead of buying a new Wii, call Nintendo. If this problem can be fixed, then they will fix it for X amount of money. don't know how much.

User Info: painis123

painis123 - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. As it's been said, the disc drive is most likely broken (BTW, it's not Netflix, since it happened to me and I don't have Netflix on my Wii.) Your best bet is calling Nintendo and getting it repaired. They charge $85 for the repair.

User Info: Ninkobra

Ninkobra - 5 years ago 0 0