Is it ok too..........?

1. Open up my wii and clean the lens reader by blowing on it?i know i really shouldnt touch it,but im desperate to play brawl again and i dont have the patience to send it to nintendo unless i positively have is it safe to do that?

User Info: budda121

budda121 - 8 years ago

1. Unless you know what you are doing, never open a system. And if you do, never clean a laser lens by blowing onit, moisture from your breath will only make matters worse.

I suggest trying a cd-lens cleaner. I have a Recoton one I use whenever my Wii has trouble reading a disc.

User Info: davepesc

davepesc - 8 years ago 0 0

1. It will void the warranty. Also, send it to Nintendo. They aren't just cleaning it out, they're upgrading the disc read laser that they're not telling anybody about. Some of them have trouble reading dual-layered DVD's, which Brawl is. That's definitely something you can't do yourself, so if you are having Brawl trouble, you have to send it in to Nintendo.

User Info: Nemephosis

Nemephosis - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. Nintendo will fix something like that with ease, and if your still under warranty, they'll do it for free. You could always do damage yourself, witch also voids the warranty so it can't be fixed for free.

User Info: Llamaman2

Llamaman2 - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. You definitely will want the warranty, so I'd recommend that you send it into Nintendo and see what they can do with it.

User Info: kyledude92107

kyledude92107 - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. Send it to Nintendo. If not you could damage the Wii and lose your SSBB save file at the same time.

User Info: StarFox009

StarFox009 - 8 years ago 0 0
  5. Never open the system as you run a very high chance of completely screwing up the best system.

User Info: Someguy1212

Someguy1212 - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. Send it to Nintendo, they'll fix it for you. Don't try it yourself.

User Info: GenoStrike

GenoStrike - 8 years ago 0 0
  7. I wouldn't open it up if I were you (unless you're planning to do anything Nintendo won't do inside of it), but I've heard from some people that blowing some compressed air through the disc slot helped their systems; give it a shot if you have a can sitting around.

User Info: typs_lik_dis

typs_lik_dis - 8 years ago 0 0
  8. I would get a lens cleaning kit as a last resort only, though. If you can easily afford to send it to Nintendo and have it done there then do that, but getting a lens cleaner at Best Buy for ten bucks would not be a bad idea.

User Info: RT102

RT102 - 8 years ago 0 0
  9. Just send it in to Nintendo like everyone else is saying. First you will void your warranty, then you might mess up for lens even more or damage something else in your Wii. A little patience might be good.

User Info: UnforgivenSins7

UnforgivenSins7 - 8 years ago 0 0