Question from BarefootGirlFLA

What does the flashlight/letter icon mean?

Hi. I am new to Wii and gaming in general. Sometimes when I'm playing, an icon of a flashlight/letter envelope type thing slides across the screen, pauses, changes from an x to an o, changes back to an x and slides off to the right. I assume this is happening because I'm not doing something right and this is some sort of hint/help thing, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to access it.

Any help is appreciated.

Interesting, i have never seen this before, it could be that you got mail, and that you should check the wii message board in the wii menu. Is your wii connected to the internet?

Is this during a specific game, or with other games also?

If the game you're playing requires use of the Wii Remote Pointer (such as for aiming), some games will show a symbol on the screen when the wii Remote isn't being pointed at the screen.