Question from BarefootGirlFLA

What does the flashlight/letter icon mean?

Hi. I am new to Wii and gaming in general. Sometimes when I'm playing, an icon of a flashlight/letter envelope type thing slides across the screen, pauses, changes from an x to an o, changes back to an x and slides off to the right. I assume this is happening because I'm not doing something right and this is some sort of hint/help thing, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to access it.

Any help is appreciated.

linkinator9 asked for clarification:

Interesting, i have never seen this before, it could be that you got mail, and that you should check the wii message board in the wii menu. Is your wii connected to the internet?

zeon_29 asked for clarification:

Is this during a specific game, or with other games also?

cripster1971 answered:

If the game you're playing requires use of the Wii Remote Pointer (such as for aiming), some games will show a symbol on the screen when the wii Remote isn't being pointed at the screen.
0 0

Biogenik Wii remote disconnecting? Unanswered trenchpit777
Usb loader gx - how to use old game saves? Unanswered Hello_8
Can I download games from Amazon? Unanswered Jemcrystal
Free wii points - via internet? Unanswered Asdafe
Action replay and Wii RD? Unanswered Chrysanthemum19