What does the flashlight/letter icon mean?

1. Hi. I am new to Wii and gaming in general. Sometimes when I'm playing, an icon of a flashlight/letter envelope type thing slides across the screen, pauses, changes from an x to an o, changes back to an x and slides off to the right. I assume this is happening because I'm not doing something right and this is some sort of hint/help thing, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to access it.

Any help is appreciated.

User Info: BarefootGirlFLA

BarefootGirlFLA - 7 years ago
    Interesting, i have never seen this before, it could be that you got mail, and that you should check the wii message board in the wii menu. Is your wii connected to the internet?

User Info: linkinator9

linkinator9 - 7 years ago
    Is this during a specific game, or with other games also?

User Info: zeon_29

zeon_29 - 7 years ago

Answers

1. If the game you're playing requires use of the Wii Remote Pointer (such as for aiming), some games will show a symbol on the screen when the wii Remote isn't being pointed at the screen.

User Info: cripster1971

cripster1971 - 7 years ago 0 0