Question from Rhodechill

Can I lay the Wii sideways?

Can I lay it sideways, or will it overheat?

-Desu- answered:

Laying it down is fine.
Make sure that the disc slot is above the power button though, laying it down on the other side can scratch discs.
0 0

Answers

Ultimate_Somnia answered:

I have it sideways all the time.

I would recommend this because it doesn't fall when playing a GC game
0 0

bob_the_frog answered:

It's fine. I've heard many people recommend leaving it sideways because Wii and GCN discs can break if a vertical Wii falls.
0 0

krpiper answered:

Yup if you look on the Wii, there is a little rubber/plastic nubs just rest the Wii on those nubs
0 0

gitanil answered:

Yes you can lay it sideways and it is much more stable that ways. However, I am pretty sure that WiFi works better if you have it vertical (not really sure why).
0 0

PaperSpock answered:

I would recommend it. The brawl disc made an odd sound when my Wii was vertical. Horizontal rendered it silent.
0 0

RingoBell answered:

Absolutely; it's even mentioned in the system manual. However, you might have some difficulty opening/closing the GCN controller and memory card doors in this orientation (although it sits fine if they're left open or closed).
0 0

47pik answered:

Yes you can. There are little rubber pieces on the side to lay it on.
0 0

xvolution answered:

You can, though I've found it runs a little hotter if you do. Mine froze up once while I had it laying horizontal.
0 0

Is it better to have my wii laying sideways or standing up? Answered tubbsmcfat
Free wii points - via internet? Unanswered Asdafe
Action replay and Wii RD? Unanswered Chrysanthemum19
How do I use the .wii files? Unanswered Yoshiman716
How can i register my wii and ds light on club nintendo europe ? Unanswered megapikachu8