Can I lay the Wii sideways?

1. Can I lay it sideways, or will it overheat?

User Info: Rhodechill

Rhodechill - 8 years ago

1. Laying it down is fine.
    Make sure that the disc slot is above the power button though, laying it down on the other side can scratch discs.

User Info: -Desu-

-Desu- - 8 years ago 0 0

1. I have it sideways all the time.

I would recommend this because it doesn't fall when playing a GC game

User Info: Ultimate_Somnia

Ultimate_Somnia - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. It's fine. I've heard many people recommend leaving it sideways because Wii and GCN discs can break if a vertical Wii falls.

User Info: bob_the_frog

bob_the_frog - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. Yup if you look on the Wii, there is a little rubber/plastic nubs just rest the Wii on those nubs

User Info: krpiper

krpiper - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. Yes you can lay it sideways and it is much more stable that ways. However, I am pretty sure that WiFi works better if you have it vertical (not really sure why).

User Info: gitanil

gitanil - 8 years ago 0 0
  5. I would recommend it. The brawl disc made an odd sound when my Wii was vertical. Horizontal rendered it silent.

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. Absolutely; it's even mentioned in the system manual. However, you might have some difficulty opening/closing the GCN controller and memory card doors in this orientation (although it sits fine if they're left open or closed).

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell - 8 years ago 0 0
  7. Yes you can. There are little rubber pieces on the side to lay it on.

User Info: 47pik

47pik - 8 years ago 0 0
  8. You can, though I've found it runs a little hotter if you do. Mine froze up once while I had it laying horizontal.

User Info: xvolution

xvolution - 8 years ago 0 0