Can I lay the Wii sideways?

1. Can I lay it sideways, or will it overheat?
    Rhodechill - 8 years ago

1. Laying it down is fine.
    Make sure that the disc slot is above the power button though, laying it down on the other side can scratch discs.

-Desu- - 8 years ago 0 0

1. I have it sideways all the time.

I would recommend this because it doesn't fall when playing a GC game

Ultimate_Somnia - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. It's fine. I've heard many people recommend leaving it sideways because Wii and GCN discs can break if a vertical Wii falls.
    bob_the_frog - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. Yup if you look on the Wii, there is a little rubber/plastic nubs just rest the Wii on those nubs
    krpiper - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. Yes you can lay it sideways and it is much more stable that ways. However, I am pretty sure that WiFi works better if you have it vertical (not really sure why).
    gitanil - 8 years ago 0 0
  5. I would recommend it. The brawl disc made an odd sound when my Wii was vertical. Horizontal rendered it silent.
    PaperSpock - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. Absolutely; it's even mentioned in the system manual. However, you might have some difficulty opening/closing the GCN controller and memory card doors in this orientation (although it sits fine if they're left open or closed).
    RingoBell - 8 years ago 0 0
  7. Yes you can. There are little rubber pieces on the side to lay it on.
    47pik - 8 years ago 0 0
  8. You can, though I've found it runs a little hotter if you do. Mine froze up once while I had it laying horizontal.
    xvolution - 8 years ago 0 0