Why does the game keep telling me "corrupted files"?

1. I played SSBB last night and it worked fine. I tried to turn it on a little while ago and the game tells me that the files are corrupted. I've unplugged it a few times but nothing changes. Is there anything I can do? Is my only option to send it to Nintendo?

User Info: g11gamer

g11gamer - 7 years ago
    It sounds like the save file is corrupted. Did you, by any chance, turn the system off while a game was saving?

User Info: dinobot19

dinobot19 - 7 years ago
    I'm second guessing myself now, but I'm pretty sure I turned it off at an appropriate time. I can't even get the thing to start. As soon as I turn it on it says "The system files are corrupted." From my understanding, if it was just one file, the Wii would start but the problem would occur when trying to start a particular game. Is there any advice for that?

User Info: g11gamer

g11gamer - 7 years ago

1. If you can not play the game because of it then yes you may have to restart the entire game.

If that does not work, formatting the wii memory (In the settings) is another option. It deletes EVERYTHING on the Wii (channels, saved games.) but should put it back on a clean slate.

Third option...ask Nintendo.

User Info: MysteryWolf

MysteryWolf - 7 years ago 0 0

1. Most likely its not your wii but the actual save file. Chances are you turned it off at a bad time like when it was loading or saving. Unfortunately there really isnt a choice but to delete the save file and start over. If you want call nintendo and they might help but I highly doubt it.

User Info: Kenkune55

Kenkune55 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Ok.. The reason why they say NOT to turn off the game while saving is so the game info can be actuly saved on the wii. If your sure that you turned if off at appropriate time, maybe your getting the file from a friend and his file was corrupted. Once its corrupt there is nothing you can do about it. Your going to have to restart.

User Info: 123456_55

123456_55 - 7 years ago 0 0