Question from The_Koroem

Why do I have no sound?

Hi, I have recently bought an HDTV and there is no sound for my Wii. I am using the composite (red,white, and yellow) cables that came with the system if that is of any importantance. The image is fine but there is no sound, I've tried using different inputs but there was no difference. My Xbox 360 and PS2 (using component cables) work fine. Thank you for your time.

the_ice_phoenix answered:

1. Make sure you have the volume on the TV turned up and the audio-video connections plugged into the same-colour plugs. Sound only kicks-in once you are at the Wii menu. If this doesn't work, continue to step 2.

2. Test the Wii with another TV. If you have sound there, then it is possible that the HDTV's sound inputs plugs are damaged. Send your HDTV off for repairs.

3. If the Wii does not work with the other TV, then it is likely that the audio cables are damaged. Order a replacement from Nintendo (instructions are in the Wii user's guide),
2 0

Answers

Derolix answered:

Hook the color of the cables with the colors of where you put them, it's usually yellow, white, then red.
2 0

SilentJJ answered:

A person I work with was complaining about the same problem. They claimed that their Wii worked great for 3+ weeks but the sound suddenly quit working (without the unit being moved). After talking to Nintendo, they talked them into sending the unit back to Nintendo for repair. After a week, the unit was returned back to the person and the sound was still not working (yet everything else plugged into the same inputs work). They called Nintendo again and Nintendo is shipping them new cables to see if thats the problem.

Googling this problem, I see that tons of other people have experienced this problem since as far back as 2007. Im waiting to find out if the cables fix the problem for my co-worker but I seriously have my doubts. I think Nintendo either didnt fix their console or they replaced the defective part with another defective part.
1 1

pauljoe4 answered:

Why can't i ask any more Questons?
1 0