Question from ice247

Can I use the SD card to save Gamecube games?

or do I need a Gamecube Memory Card.
My Wii is 4.0 and I have a 8GB SD card in it.

From: mikeonearth 5 years ago

Sorry man, but no....strictly game cube memory cards will save gc games.....but you can us your sd card for channels i believe. I use it to hold my pics for super smash bros. snap shot and my personal one's for the pic channel

You need a GameCube memory card to save GameCube games.

No, GameCube games were never designed to save onto SD cards as the GameCube never had that feature.

No - When you start playing a gamecube game, the Wii literally turns into a gamecube. There is no emulation happening: the actual gamecube hardware is inside of the Wii, playing your gamecube game. That being said, no hardware that is in the Wii that wasn't in the Gamecube can be used. No SD cards, no Wii remote, etc. And sadly, no Wii software update could ever change that.

No, you need a gamecube memory card

You need a Gamecube memory card for Gamecube saves. I'm not sure, myself, but I heard this was a software issue. I'm not too sure it's really a hardware one.