Question from ice247

Can I use the SD card to save Gamecube games?

or do I need a Gamecube Memory Card.
My Wii is 4.0 and I have a 8GB SD card in it.

mikeonearth answered:

Sorry man, but no....strictly game cube memory cards will save gc games.....but you can us your sd card for channels i believe. I use it to hold my pics for super smash bros. snap shot and my personal one's for the pic channel
2 0

Answers

Stevewins456 answered:

You need a GameCube memory card to save GameCube games.
2 0

SonicRaptor answered:

No, GameCube games were never designed to save onto SD cards as the GameCube never had that feature.
2 0

abear90 answered:

No - When you start playing a gamecube game, the Wii literally turns into a gamecube. There is no emulation happening: the actual gamecube hardware is inside of the Wii, playing your gamecube game. That being said, no hardware that is in the Wii that wasn't in the Gamecube can be used. No SD cards, no Wii remote, etc. And sadly, no Wii software update could ever change that.
2 0

pandaman210 answered:

No, you need a gamecube memory card
2 0

1357900 answered:

You need a Gamecube memory card for Gamecube saves. I'm not sure, myself, but I heard this was a software issue. I'm not too sure it's really a hardware one.
0 2