Can I use the SD card to save Gamecube games?

1. or do I need a Gamecube Memory Card.
    My Wii is 4.0 and I have a 8GB SD card in it.

User Info: ice247

ice247 - 8 years ago

1. Sorry man, but no....strictly game cube memory cards will save gc games.....but you can us your sd card for channels i believe. I use it to hold my pics for super smash bros. snap shot and my personal one's for the pic channel

User Info: mikeonearth

mikeonearth - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. You need a GameCube memory card to save GameCube games.

User Info: Stevewins456

Stevewins456 - 8 years ago 2 0
  2. No, GameCube games were never designed to save onto SD cards as the GameCube never had that feature.

User Info: SonicRaptor

SonicRaptor - 8 years ago 2 0
  3. No - When you start playing a gamecube game, the Wii literally turns into a gamecube. There is no emulation happening: the actual gamecube hardware is inside of the Wii, playing your gamecube game. That being said, no hardware that is in the Wii that wasn't in the Gamecube can be used. No SD cards, no Wii remote, etc. And sadly, no Wii software update could ever change that.

User Info: abear90

abear90 - 7 years ago 2 0
  4. No, you need a gamecube memory card

User Info: pandaman210

pandaman210 - 7 years ago 2 0
  5. You need a Gamecube memory card for Gamecube saves. I'm not sure, myself, but I heard this was a software issue. I'm not too sure it's really a hardware one.

User Info: 1357900

1357900 - 7 years ago 0 2