Question from Perfectchaos007

Can I play the games on my SD card in another Wii?

I have a bunch of games on my SD card, can I put the SD card in my friends Wii and play them?

speedymcspeedy answered:

Wiiware and Virtual Console games CANNOT be played on a different Wii, Saved files for saved games(games on actual disks) can be played on different Wii's like every other system out there you just need the disk and your SD card.
2 0

Answers

Ferret75 answered:

No, the games on your SD card will only work with your Wii.
3 6

louis9345 answered:

yes you can. I have already tried it and it works like if it was in your wii.
3 6

ramsdawg21 answered:

Yes it should work i have not actually tried it though, You cannot however copy a VC game or WiiWare game to another Wii. It can only be copied from your wii to a sd card and vis versa.
4 4

0BanjoKazooie0 answered:

Yes you can. i tried it on my friends and it works perfectly.
2 4

Pacman_Toad answered:

Yes you can it should work fine
2 5

MrSmegheneghan answered:

Ignore these fools. You can't use games from your Wii on another Wii. I got my Wii fixed, had all the memory saves and VC/WiiWare on the SD card before sending it off. I got the Wii back, formatted but still able to re-download the Wii Shop games. I tried running the SD Card games right off the SD card, and I was told it wouldn't work.

The way running games off SD Cards works is it copies the game to the Wii's memory temporarily, and runs it off the Wii. If you can't run games from one Wii on another, the chances of an SD card Wii Shop channel from one Wii running on a different Wii isn't high at all.
1 3

neutralbias answered:

Nope...otherwise people would just copy wii ware from sd to sd.
1 3

dekusnake answered:

Yes, it is very possible to do so. However, some games won't allow you to copy the saved data on to your SD card, and the only way to copy them is to use home brew.
1 2

pkmi answered:

It's not possible, if you are talking about the actual software.
People claiming that it works already have the game installed on the other console, so it just loads it from NAND, skipping the SD bar for the small icon.

Saves can be freely transferred (some will require hacking, though).
1 2

rnortham answered:

yes but you have to copy the data on to the other wii's memory first, which doesn't work with some games. or if you're playing a game from the wii shop channel you should be able to play it buy selecting it from the SD card menu screen.
1 1