Question from ataricompanion

How do I port forward my wii?

Mageknight asked for clarification::

Any router can use port forwarding, but you have to look it up on google or something to know exactly how to get to it since no two routers are exactly the same.

ataricompanion provided additional details:

I know how to input it on my router I just need to know how to port forward the wii

What numbers do i port forward?

shenstra answered:

As far as I'm aware you don't need to forward any ports. Port forwarding is only necessary when you want to allow incoming connections. The Wii always connects to Nintendo (and other people 'connect' to your through Nintendo), so you don't need to forward any ports. If your router setup is extremely tight you may have to open up ports (allow your Wii to connect to the Internet on specific ports). I'm not sure what outgoing ports the Wii uses, but such setups are extremely rare and rarely sensible.
1 0

Answers

pantsman523 answered:

The easiest way would be to set your Wii to have a Static IP through DHCP and the Port Forward that IP
0 0