Review by SmartMan72

"The Nintendo Wii is everything we wanted it to be, only better."

When I first heard of the Nintendo Revolution, I was simply shocked. I read about what it was able to do and looked at pictures of it. Any where I went, I would always think about it. Being a fan of Nintendo since the NES, I knew I was going to get one. Sure the graphics aren't as strong as the other systems, but they are still very nice.

System: 10/10

When you are first turning on your Nintendo Wii it goes through the setup. You can give your Wii a nickname, enter the time, enter date, and more. Once your done setting it up it brings you to the Wii Menu, where all the channels are. The Wii is able to read Gamecube discs, so its great! What's really cool about the Wii is that you can view photos from your camera on it. You can insert the SD card right into the console. The SD card can also be used as a Memory Card and put game data on it. The Nintendo Wii can play movies so I guess it's time to throw away your DVD player.

Great graphics. Not much to say about the graphics, except that they are awesome. The graphics are not as good as the Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360, but that does not mean the graphics are bad. The graphics are very smooth and clear and they amaze me in every game I play. Link looks very realistic in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Actually, the graphics are just as good as the 360. That being said, the graphics are very nice.

No complaints here. The sound is perfect and clear . What I really admire about the Wii is that the Wii Remote has a built-in speaker. Yeah, a built-in speaker. When I'm playing a game, I always here sounds coming from the controller. The sounds are excellent in all the games I have.

Controller: 10/10

The controller is great and the motion sensors are flawless. Most of the games requires both the nunchuck and the Wii remote. Both controllers fit comfortably into your hands and the buttons are positioned perfectly. When you play Wii Sports, you actually have to swing the controller as if you were actually playing a game of baseball! In first person shooters you have to aim the controller at the T.V. like if you where actually shooting a gun. The controllers are perfect.

Wii Sports : 10/10

I thought I would make a little section about this game, since this game does come with the Wii. There are five sports to play. Boxing, Bowling, Golf, Tennis and Baseball. I don't even like sports, but this game makes it fun. Every sport game is multi-player, so this game is awesome. In Bowling and Golf you can play up to four players with only one controller. Wii sports is a very good game.

Conclusion

The Nintendo Wii will occupy a lot of your time. It also has a shocking price of only 250 dollars. If you are out looking for a system to buy, get a Nintendo Wii, you won't regret it. If you want to try a Nintendo Wii before buying one, go to your local Game stop and try it out. When you buy the Wii, you don't even have to buy any games for it because you will be playing Wii Sports for hours. I hope you got all the information you needed and thanks for reading.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/28/06