Review by Jon211

"Nintendo, the father of gaming is back"

I was one of the very first in the world to purchase the Wii. I got in line at 5 AM on launch and didn't think that I would be able to get my Wii, but I turned out to be 77 of 81 ever since, that's been my lucky number! Anyways on with the review

The look: 10/10
Many gamers out there really cares about the look of gaming console, I really can't relate, but then who could really complain about this system? It is significantly smaller than both the other two consoles, which goes a long way if you actually have the consoles right in front of you. The Wii is surprisingly light, sharp, shiny, and stands vertically as well as horizontally.

What the system has to offer: 10/10
The system may not go really far with its graphics, but I myself don't care that much about graphics. As long as the graphics weren't two generations outdated, like the PS's graphics, which simply gets me bored before it can hook. Nintendo is going for something more than just graphics and that is a new innovative fun way to play. Already you see people who never play games getting into this console. I never thought I would agree with this statements but then I knew some friends who never picked up gaming since NES, and was automatically hooked when they played the Wii. The Wii comes with Wii Sports and even just the launch title, which seemed like a demo to me, had everyone hooked. It hooked non-gamers easily because there were very few buttons they needed to press if any at all when playing the game. The final reason why this system deserves a 10 is Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Downloadables: 8.5/10
The Wii could download old classics from many different consoles for a fair price. Consoles including N64, NES, Sega, and more. The idea had many people hooked right away. It offers great games that you won't find in stores anymore, such as Duck Hunt, which will most likely be released later. The fact that they didn't have Duck Hunt already at the start and more games, did cost them some points though.

Backward compatibility: 10/10
Nintendo hasn't really practice the idea of backward compatibility that much, unless you count the handhelds. For people who are on the age of buying a Gamecube and really wants a Wii, this is mostly what's going to hook consumers into buying the Wii.

Price: 10/10
This baby can't come at that much better of a price. The package comes with the system AND a game, Wii Sports. Wii Sports is a seriously underated game, especially when people rate it, they rate it as if they had to pay for the dang thing. It was free with the system...why are you complaining? Anyway, the price is approx. a third of the PS3's price, since I am assuming anyone with a PS3 has the 60GB, and little more than half the price of the Xbox 360. It's about the price of what many would spend on an iPod, Zune, or other MP3's. I, myself, would much rather have a home entertainment system than another MP3 that you will just eventually have to replace in a year or so due to the battery life.

Durability: 10/10
I wasn't one of the careless Wii owners out there who can't hold onto the Wiimote but then I have gotten carried away and hit the remote across my bed post really hard once. I picked the controller right back up and kept swinging. There were no problems whatsoever. I might be jumping to conclusion, but after this incident I am just going to assume that it will last a long time.

Controller: 10/10
I love the controller. Simply put one of the coolest electronic devices that I ever laid my eyes on. The sound on the controller gives a great feeling to the gaming experience and the sounds aren't nearly as bad as some critics may say. The sound, in my opinion, is actually pretty good. It's no where the same feeling as the other controllers but the time that it takes to get used to it is really quick. I forget that I am controlling what's on the screen with a two piece controller.

Graphics: 10/10 & 7/10
I am not going to compare the graphics to that of the PS3 or the Xbox 360, which the Wii could simply not match up to, but it holds its own. The graphics are still slightly better than that of the Gamecube's and I am absolutely okay with that. The graphics of the Gamecube is not like the worst graphics or anything it is tolerable and doesn't take my attention off the game, and that's what counts. This section will have two scores. The first will be a score for the fact that the new games will have to take in account how you move the controller and in what angles and all the other innovative things they have to consider when making a game, and the second score will be compared to the next generation consoles.

Total: 9.83 rounded to 10