Review by Dialgadude

"Winner of the 7th generations of video games? It has my vote!"

Intro:
This is my review for the Nintendo Wii console. It is one of the greatest consoles I have played in a long while. Anyways, ON TO THE REVIEW!

Design:
When I first took a look at the Wii, I thought it was about the size of an Xbox 360, just a little shorter, but I was dead off! It's small. Small enough to fit three DVD cases side-by-side on the inside to be exact! Everywhere I took this cute, little machine it always managed to fit in a small area when I wanted to play. Stick it anywhere you want: next to your TV, under your TV, in a cabinet, even between narrow areas like a DVD holder! When you load the discs, it isn't one of those drawers that slide in and out for the disc, like a PS2. Instead, it loads discs like a car radio: you insert the disc and the console "pulls" it inward, leaving behind the annoying disc drawer that pops in and out. It even loads SD memory cards for game memory, music, pictures, videos, and so on. Overall, it's one of Nintendo's best console designs!
Rank: 10/10

Controller:
Another thing that surprised me at first glance! It has to be one of the most original ideas from any gaming company: a one-handed controller! Not only are the controls comfortable, but the Wii-Remote slides easily into your hand, like they designed them to fit every structure to the last finger mark! If some old-school gamers thing this is going to be like the big flop of Nintendo's Power Glove for the NES, ignore them! Controlling the Wii-Remote is more fluid than the Six-Axis for PS3. So good, it makes gamers want Nintendo to do a re-make of Lair on the Wii and make the controls a whole lot more easier! When I played Zelda on this console, the controls were dead-on and they nailed physical gaming with it! The only thing that I hate is its battery life. Whenever I don't want to waste AA batteries, I just switch to rechargeable batteries, but they have a shorter power life than regular AA batteries! Anyways, that being the only drawback, the Wii-Remote and Nunchuck are the most original console designs!
Rank: 9/10

Graphics:
Oh boy! Where do I start?... This game stepped up from the Gamecube, I must say, making the graphics look more like the original Xbox. Still this is nothing compared to its current competitors, PS3 and Xbox 360, which both run on high-definition standards. The Wii runs on 480p definition, which is still okay for now. But graphics is nothing compared to the way you play its games. Zelda instantly wins the competition for being the best game on Wii to have more artistic-like graphics. Still, you can't help but say that Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy's graphics boosted the demand for Wii earlier this year! To wrap this up, I'd have to say that the graphics are great and gamers should not be fooled choosing consoles when comparing graphics for Wii with Ps3 and Xbox 360.
Rank: 8/10

Gameplay:
Is there any reason for this not to be in this category? Well, I must say that the gameplay is awesome and it is so much more revolutionary to use motion detection in games than ordinary button tapping controls on other consoles! When I heard of Wario Ware Smooth Moves was going to be released, I held my breath under suspense because the game requires extra-particular use of motion sensing and I was worried before Wii was released that motion sensing would be yet another flop like the Power Glove. I was dead wrong again! The games work like a charm for the Wii that it makes every console want to switch from the analog point-and-click to the motion sensing point-and-click! It truly makes you think that you are experiencing everything in the game! Plus, it's the first console that actually gets players up and going for a little workout of their body, instead of just their thumbs! The only thing you have to worry about is the Wii-Remote cursor going off screen for a little while and the game tells you to drag it back onto screen where you can see it.
Rank: 10/10

Sound and Audio:
Wow! All I can say is "Wow!"! The orchestras in several games blows my mind when it comes to set the mood! It's even better than the PS3 and Xbox 360 audio! The sound is so clear, that it's impossible to not know what made the certain sound! However, being the picky person as I am, I do have one thing to argue about: The Wii-Remote. That's right, I'm talking about the sound from the Wii-Remote! The sound projecting out of it every now and then reminds me of Nintendo's 32-bit games. It makes me wonder why Nintendo didn't step this up a bit. But, to be fair, it was a necessary feature and you can enjoy some things that come out of there, like Midna's voice from Zelda. So, for sound and audio in this review, it really blew me away when I first played!
Rank: 9/10

Overall:
Don't take my opinion about it! Get up and get a Wii yourself! You'll be impressed by how fun this system actually is! I got more exercise out of this console than playing the PS2 by operating it's motion sensing controls! Being at $249.99, it's one of the greatest bargains you can get for any console you've ever gotten!
Final Score: 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/16/08

Game Release: Wii Hardware (US, 11/19/06)