Review by mewmew521

"Wii Play to Win"

The Wii

I got my Wii last year over the summer. I wanted it really bad, it looked amazing. I couldn't wait to try out all the sport games. I had no doubts about it being great, and I was right!

WII CHANNELS

~Meet The Miis

The mii channel was a great feature. It's really fun to make look alikes to yourself and others. I had a lot of fun making them. It is really fun to make crazy miis as well! One of the things I didn't really like was there was no like-able long hair. Another thing I noticed was great mii channel music. I couldn't get it out of my head!

~Other Channels

I never really wanted to try the other channels, and I don't think I will. I'll just stick with the games. It seemed a little pointless to but points to use an internet connection you could already use on your own computer.

~The Games

The Wii offers many great titles, which are all great games. Wii Sports included with the Wii, had a variety of fun games everyone will enjoy. I also love the fact that most games are physical and your not just sitting down pressing some buttons. If you liked Wii Sports, you might enjoy Wii Play. Another thing I liked is the fact you can also play Gamecube games on it.

There are also a lot of non-physical titles with great gameplay. Most games had music that would keep you humming for a while. Some graphics could of been a little better, but I was satisfied.

THE WIIMOTE AND DIFFICULTIES

The Wiimote is by far the best controller ever in my opinion. As I said before, the physical aspect is a great addition. But, in some games, the controlling was a little hard. For example, in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, there were some hard controls to it.

Also, in other games, there were different controllers. I personally think these controls failed to impress me. In Guitar Hero III, the buttons were harder to press than on PS2. In Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party, the arrows had to be stomped on to actually work.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the Wii is a great console. It was a new experience for gaming I wouldn't of imagined. Even though it has its cons, I strongly recommend it to gamers ( and for athletes, you should try out games like Wii Sports ).

Overall Score- 9/10

~mewmew521~

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/07/08

Game Release: Wii Hardware (US, 11/19/06)