Review by JagDogger2525

"Where are Wii?"

Yes. My rating is at 3 out of 10. If three games did not come out, two for the Wii itself and the other for the Virtual Console, I would have given this system a 1 out of 10. It is ok on some levels but just like Variaz writes in his review, "Unfortunately, I didn't really like those two games, so I went looking for new ones......and didn't find any."

Games - 3/10
The only games that are worth playing on this system are Mario Kart Wii, Metal Slug Anthology, and Super Mario RPG; Legend of the Seven Stars. I tried Super Smash Bros. Brawl and it is mediocre. I do not like Super Smash Bros. Brawl because it is not like its predecessor, Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Gamecube. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, some of the characters got worse from Super Smash Bros. Melee. Mario Kart Wii is like its predecessor, Mario Kart Double Dash for the Gamecube, but the problem with Mario Kart Wii is that there is no second character in the back of the kart like Mario Kart Double Dash which stunts the two to four player actions. You cannot have a dual split-screen with four players or a single screen for two players on Mario Kart Wii. But I do not let that bother me. Metal Slug Anthology. Why would you post a game on the Virtual Console if you have that exact game on a disk for THAT system? Nintendo posted Metal Slug for NeoGeo on the Virtual Console for the Wii and Metal Slug Anthology has Metal Slug as well as more Metal Slugs on that same disk. That question brings me to The Legend of Zelda. Nintendo posted all the Legend of Zeldas but Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time: Master Quest. You could have 99% of the Zeldas on the Virtual Console with Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time: Master Quest on just two disks. And those disks are for the Gamecube. I have actually seen no more than three of each of these two disks at the game store I go to. I also tried Medal of Honor: Airborne and I was not comfortable at all when I was playing it. The selection of games at the game store for the Wii is not that great.

Final 'Game' Thoughts:
When 14 games come out for the Virtual Console, I will change my score to a much higher score than 3/10. I will change the score and review depending on how much I feel good about the controls of the games. For now it is 3/10

System - 1/10
The system is great but the only problem with the system that makes me rate it so low is that Nintendo was going to put the ability to play Gameboy Advance games on the system. Did they put that feature in? No they did not. If you do not believe me, search the archives of this system and you will find out that this system was supposed to have that feature. Were, and are, you able to play Gameboy Advance games on the Gamecube? Yes. Are you able to play Gameboy Advance games on the Nintendo Wii? No you cannot. That is what lets me down. I upped the score a bit because of the SD card reader feature on the Nintendo Wii. That is nice when you are going somewhere and you want to give someone your save for a game. But that cancels out with the Virtual Console games. You cannot transfer Virtual Console games from one Nintendo Wii to another. What if you want to sell your Wii because the Wii system has an upgrade such as the Gameboy Advance port? You cannot transfer the Virtual Console games to the other system. If someone could prove me wrong for this game transfer, please, send me a video because I won't believe pictures or recordings.

Final 'System' Thoughts:
If Nintendo updates the Wii to allow Virtual Console games to be transferred from one Wii to another THEN releases a Wii that has the Gameboy Advance port, I will change my score and review. For now, it is 1/10.

Controls - 1/10
The Controls. Ugh. *shivers* Excluding all but the Nintendo 64 and Wii controls, the controls for the Nintendo Wii are so bad, it makes Gigli a great movie. The controls for the SNES are great seeing that I could get a Classic Controller and it is EXACTLY like the SNES controller (Compare them and you will see that the buttons are in the EXACT order). The controls for the NES are just like the NES controllers. I just turn the controller sideways (Compare them and you will see. COMPARE. Compare.). The Nintendo 64 controls are really confusing. Every game has different controls. Try Super Mario 64 then try Cruis'n USA. The controls are different from both and you will get confused and frustrated when you play Cruis'n USA after you play Super Mario 64 after an hour. The Wii controls are the most frustrating of all. I tried playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl with the Wii Remote and I was confused and frustrated that I could not control the player like I know from Super Smash Bros. Melee. So then I tried the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller was much better than the Wii Remote but it was not like the Gamecube controller. I tried the Gamecube controller and it felt great. But the characters I play on Super Smash Bros. Melee are much faster in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I just could not play Super Smash Bros. Brawl for that long with the same character. I have trouble picking a character because of the controls and how the character feels with the Gamecube controller. But Mario Kart Wii on the other hand. Mario Kart Wii felt exactly like Mario Kart Double Dash when I started playing with the Gamecube controller. When I started playing Mario Kart Wii, I played with the Wii Remote. I got frustrated because I had to tilt the Wii Remote the buttons were all different from Mario Kart Double Dash. But, when I started playing with the Gamecube controller, I knew everything from how to shoot to what to use in what place. I felt at home when I started using the Gamecube controller. I tried playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but the controls are too confusing. It is not compatible with the Gamecube controller so I had a hard time coping with the controls. I tried Golf in the included Wii Sports and when I got to Putt, I got, and still get, frustrated because I try to move the Wii Remote softly like I am actually putting but when I do that, the ball goes ****ing 25 yards the other way. I HATE THAT!!!

Final 'Controls' Thoughts:
If Nintendo makes a Controller that replicates the Nintendo 64 controller PERFECTLY, I will buy four of them so when one of the games I want to come out finally comes out, I could have a bunch of people over to actually play the game. But it has not happened so the controls are at 1/10.

Sound - 5/10
The Nintendo Wii games have sound coming from the Wii Remote. I want Nintendo to make a Gamecube controller that has that feature. That would make the Gamecube controller much better but besides that, I rather prefer the Gamecube controller and no controller sound to the Nintendo Wii Remote with extra sound.

Final 'Sounds' Thought:
If Nintendo makes a Gamecube controller with the sound feature of the Nintendo Wii Remote, I would have to think about buying it. Is the extra sound worth it? I do not know but for now, the sound is 5/10.

Overall - 10/40 or 2.5
Yes I am done with my review for the Nintendo Wii. This system is a great system to play old Nintendo games but there are just a few good games to download and buy. I highly doubt that some of the games I want for the Virtual Console will come out because Nintendo wants to make more new games that are bad *cough*Wii Music*cough* than remake those which are great and old *cough*Goldeneye*cough*. I could see people eating Goldeneye up in a matter of minutes. Nintendo should learn because all I see is bad, or unsatisfying, games coming from Nintendo.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 09/11/08, Updated 04/06/09

Game Release: Wii Hardware (US, 11/19/06)