Review by SNESFTW

"Worth Your Time and Money?"

When the Wii first came out many people were exited, myself included however is the Wii worth your time and $200 or should you just buy a 360 or ps3.

Hardware:

it is obvious that the Wii is the least powerful system on the market, Nintendo seems to focus less on graphics this generation. Something people might even find more shocking is that there is no DVD support. However the system does not break easily and will last very long, I have had mine since 2006 and it hasn't broke once. So it gets a 7/10

Game Available:

What games are worth your time? are there a lot? how good are they? To put it simple, yes but, mostly only games with the nintendo logo are the good ones. There are some good third party games but you will be playing Nintendo games more than third party games. speaking of party's you wont believe how many mini-game collections there are on the wii,it's hard to tell what's good and what's bad. The bottom line is, there are many good games on Wii, but mainly Nintendo games third parties have gotten better but I suggest you stick with nintendo unless you research a game and find out if you like it first. 8/10

Motion Control:

I don't need to say much here, its good but it depends on the game you are playing. The wii motion plus add-on enhances the experience from what I hear but I don't have the add-on so I can't say. For 2006 this deserves a 8.5/10 because third parties don't always use it correctly.

Online:

Price: Free!

Nintendo WI-FI is fine, but don't expect the same service that you get from xbox live or PSN, there are no profiles, witch irritates me because you have long friend codes witch are numbers and you get a different one for every game. but there is a plus to WI-FI because of the wii shop channel. You can download (using wii points you buy with real money) Wii ware games, witch are games you can only download off this service, Virtual console games, witch are classics from systems such as NES,SNES,Genesis,Master system,TG16, Neo Geo,N64 and more! Nintendo WI-FI deserves a 8/10 for VC alone

OVERALL:

The wii is a great system that is stable and has great games, not a graphically powerful but will appeal to gamers of all types. I give it an 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/22/10

Game Release: Wii Hardware (US, 11/19/06)