Review by Poyozo

"Defiantly a must-have for a new Wii"

Red Steel at E3 blew everyone away, it took people away from the Play Station 3 booth and right over to the Wii booth. People were raving about how innovative and good looking the game was. Now that it has finally come out, people are giving mixed reviews about the game making people unsure if they really want it. I'm here to tell you exactly why you should get the game.

Story 10/10
An incredibly intriguing story. It sucks you in at the very beginning and keeps you hooked the entire time. Your choices along the way impacts the story as well which makes the game's story even more intriguing.

Multiplayer 10/10
Oh wow, first time I played the multi-player with my friends I couldn't sleep at night. I was so pumped up afterwards that I couldn't sleep. Even with only two or three people playing the multi-player you are still having a blast. Only downside to this is no katana action. I can see why though, two people swinging at the screen at mach one speeds and someones bound to get hurt, especially if they're close to together.

Game Play 10/10
While the game takes a little while to get used to, once you get the hand of it, it is fantastic, it is easy to aim, move, and do anything else you need to. It has got the very easy to use aiming system, basically point and shoot, you can adjust the way the gun is pointed so that you can shoot it "geddoe style." When using the katana it is extremely fun, you can pull it out and swing your controller at mach one speeds and take out your enemy that way.

Graphics 8/10
While it is a next gen system, the Wii wasn't engineered with graphics in mind, more with gameplay in mind, even so, I wasn't dissapointed at all with Red Steel's graphics. Texture qualities are very crisp and good looking, I often stopped and looked around when playing the game.

Sound 6/10
Defiantly room for improvement here, the music is nice at the beginning, I enjoyed listening to it, but after a couple hours of listening to the same music, it gets repetitive.

Controls 10/10
Easy to use. Easy to get used to. Once you get used to the controls the game is ridiculously awesome. The only problems I had were at the beginning, but after getting past those I could move, shoot, swing, and whatever else I needed to do very, very easily.

Replayability 10/10
I haven't been able to stop playing this game, I've beat it already and am still playing it. If that doesn't say something then I don't know what will. The game has a good story, which makes it easy to watch some of the events over again. Also the game is fairly long, taking quite a few hours to beat.

Overall 9/10
Defiantly a must have if you just got a Wii it is up there with the top games for the Wii at the moment. I hope this answered all your questions about the game, and hope it gives you enough reason to get the game. If you need other games for the Wii, I would suggest Trauma Center and Zelda.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/18/06