Review by Dark Lazer

"Rabbids are SO cute ^_^"

And HILARIOUS!

Seriously, those little guys just made the game for me.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids is the first Rayman title I ever played. I bought it after hearing it was mainly mini-games, since I'm a big fan of mini-games. it was a spur of the moment thing, and let me tell you, I was not disappointed.

Gameplay:
As I mentioned above, this game is full of mini-games and isn't a traditional Rayman game like the rest. You use the remote and nun-chuck in most of the games, however some of the games only have you use the wii remote. The motion sensor works great. There will be a few games where you may feel that the remote or nun-chuck doesn't register a movement, but fortunately it's rare, and fortunately, you can adjust the sensor to your liking.

Graphics:
The graphics look great. Very nice for a next-gen console. Of course, if you're going to compare them to the X-box 360 or the PS3, then you won't feel the same way, but for the wii, they work, very well.

Story:
There is indeed a story for this game. Rayman is having a picnic with his globox buddies (don't know much about them myself or anything else really since I haven't played any other Rayman game before) when a bunch of Rabbids (those awesome bunnies!) come out of the ground and kidnap Rayman and his Globox buddies. Rayman is then put in a cell and has to perform for the Rabbids daily in the Coliseum. After that, you are sent back to your cell and you have a choice of changing outfits (which are unlocked), turning on some music (which is also unlocked), replaying the mini-games of that day, or going back out and performing for the Rabbids.

Replay Value:
Games like this one are really meant for multi-player fun. If you have brothers or sisters, or a few friends that like playing with you, then you'll have a blast playing with them. If not, then no worries. There's another mode called "Score". In here, you get to play every game you've unlocked and rack up several points, 1000 points for each mini-game I believe. With these points, you can buy and unlock several bonuses that include some movies. It's pretty difficult to beat all the way though, so this will definitely take some time to beat all the way.

Buy or Rent:
In my opinion, this game is great. However, it's not for everyone. And $50 for it may be a little too high. If it gets dropped down to $39.99, then go for it. I've heard people say they beat the game in about 3 hours. I suggest renting it, and if you like it, then go for it. Better than forking out $50 for a game that wont last you long.

Overall, this game is not the best game I've ever played, but I sure did have a blast with it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/16/07