Review by cracked_egg

"Ever wonder what it's like to hit a pyschotic looking bunny? Fun times..."

Story: 9

Never had I come across a game quite like this before. You play Rayman, who has been kidnapped by a group of evil looking bunnies and forced to participate in a series of arena type mini games. As you complete each arena, you're taken back to your cell and rewarded with a plunger and a new wardrobe. Experimenting with your clothes is always fun. Sometimes you get a new song as well. It all depends. The plungers are suctioned to the wall that leads to a VERY high up window, which will eventually lead to your freedom! If you try to climb the wall of plungers before you have the required number, Rayman will just look longingly up at the window. There's not much you can do in your room, other than change clothes and attempt to escape.

Graphics: 10

The graphics in Rayman Raving Rabbids are very entertaining to look at. Quite colorful.

Sound: 9

Depending on what mini game you're playing, the bunnies can be very irritating. It's not the music so much as the BUNNIES grunting and squeaking!

Gameplay: 10

Most of the games you'll encounter are really fun. My favorite has to be hitting the dancing bunnies while YOU'RE dancing. But I find this harder than DDR simply because you're dancing with your hands instead of your feet.

I'll mention a couple of games I think are worth playing. There is one where you have to stay exactly on the lines of a certain picture you're tracing before the candle burns out. I think the bunny eats whatever picture you're tracing, I'm not sure. Let me tell you, it's a LOT harder than it sounds. Try it once and you'll see. You're not filling it in, only tracing the outside. If you go even one iota outside the picutre, you won't make the amount of points you need in order to complete the mini game.

One I sort of like is where you have to quickly shut the door of the bathroom stall where the bunnies are or else they'll shoot you with plungers.

Then there is one where a group of crazy looking bunnies are singing horribly off key, but there is always one who's REALLY off key. You must find this one bunny and smack him across the face to shut him up. The other bunnies will point you in the right direction. But as soon as you do this, another one will start up and so on. You have to slap just so many bunnies to get your points. It's not a very effective way to relieve your stress, but it's a beginning!

Most of the games are all about racking up the proper amount of points in order to proceed to the next one.

Some are very challenging and frustrating, others are just plain fun, not to mention hilarious. There ARE one or two that are quite lame and had me wondering how in the world they ever thought of THAT one, but for the most part, they're fun. I was actually laughing out loud at a few. The bunnies are so cute, in a psychotic kind of way.

Overall: 10

My favorites are the singing and dancing bunnies. You could probably beat this game while renting it. You can go head to head or solo, but playing it with your friends is a lot more fun!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/21/07