Review by Ultravore

"Shoot bunnies, get a plunger. Dance with bunnies, get a plunger, shoot more bunnies, get a plunger, try to escape too early, get crapped on by a bird."

The second I watched E3 and I saw the Rayman ad, I knew it was gonna be a hit. Not just from shooting Splinter Cell bunnies on a cardboard western movie set, but how everything is enjoyable and as funny as, well, Manic Plunger Bunnies!

NOTE: If you don't want to bother reading this whole thing, just go down to the bottom. I summarized it there ;)

STORY: 6/10
Ok, you're having a picnic with creepy little frog things, and the next thing you know, you're surrounded by 4 foot tall bunnies, one of which is dragging you off to their Superdome of bunny greatness. You need to escape. Hey, it's a start.

GRAPHICS: 8/10
Considering that this is a Wii game, it has pretty good graphics. Very detailed and well lit for alot of the events. Sometimes, though, the bunnies look like paper cut-outs, but most of the time, they're the lovable bunnies that wanna smack you upside the head with a sausage. No, I'm serious, they do.

SOUND: 9/10
One word, DAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! When it comes to sound with this rayman, this game tops the charts. The bunnies distinct screams and odd form of language all combine to make constant chaos in the bunny dome.

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
For a Rayman game, this is totally and utterly different from the other Rayman games, but then again, so is the Wii. Instead of an actual story, it's sort of a Gladiator/Mario Party/Enslaved prisoner game, but it's really fun.

You have a cell in which it starts out pretty crappy. An old jukebox, a bed, a dresser, and a toilet (yes, it just gets better and better) to review games you've previously played, but we'll get into that later ;)

There are fifteen "days" that you have to go through in order to win. Each day you win a plunger, considering of course if you win the last event. Each day has four "test" events. Complete three of them, and you'll have the ability to go to the grand challenge. If you make it, you get a PLUNGER! YIPEE!! However, if you complete all four events, and the final event, you get either a new costume, or a new song for your jukebox.

While it doesn't sound fun at first, it gets fun and hysterical at some points in the game. One of my favorite events is sort of a Metroid style FPS event, in which you shoot bunnies with, you guessed it, plungers, to rack up points. Sounds easy, but when you consider how many bunnies there are to shoot, and how to shoot them, it's gets challenging. There are several "sets" in which you shoot the bunnies. From a cardboard western movie set shooting bunnies, to a tropical getaway spot shooting bunnies, to infiltrating a bunny headquarters shooting bunnies. Did I mention shooting bunnies? And yes, there are Splinter Cell Bunnies in this game, which I got a kick out of :P.

Another one of my favorite events is Dancing with the bunnies. Bunnies are spinning around to you, and you have to use the Wiimote and nunchuk to dance in tune with the bunnies. The more bunnies you go through, the more bunnies are dancing with you in the backround. I find it really funny seeing bunnies doing hip-hop and whatnot :D. But, the songs aren't made by Ubisoft. In fact, precious vew are in this event. They're copies of other songs, except they're sung by bunnies :P. There's Miserlou, Girls just wanna have fun, La Bamba, Dark Iron Bunnies, and so on. It just gets better and better doesn't it?

Now, the cool thing about this is that you can re-play the event's that you did on your memory toilet. But, only the one's that you've already done, of course. But, you'll notice that the main event isn't there. That's because it's in Score Mode. At the main menu, instead of going to the Story Mode, go to Score mode, and you'll be able to play ALL the games that you've already played. But, there's a cool little twist to it. If you can get a certain amount of points, you unlock a little bonus, from concept art packs, to the funny internet ads for Rayman, the Bunny Facts! However, there is a glitch. You can't get enough points to get the last secret, which sucks.

OVERALL: 9/10
This is a really fun twist into the rayman series, and is a must-have for Wii fans. If you didn't want to bother reading this whole thing, just read this:

The good:
Funny Bunnies
Fairly detailed
Good sound
Good controls
Very, very fun
Fun game to play with friends

The bad:
Can't exit while in events
Some events are INSANELY hard
There is a glitch that makes it so you can't unlock the last secret
Story mode isn't that good
Lack of speaker usage

Thanks for wasting however much time reading my review, and while you're at it, consider what you could have done in that time that was better :P

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/26/07