Review by Golden_ArcV2

"A great game with plenty to offer"

The first person shooter. For years the gaming industry has been trying to find ways to improve and expand the FPS gaming genre. Call of duty returns with a revolutionary experience for the wii. Although a very good game, CoD3 still lacks heavily in field that are important to the modern day FPS. This is my review of Call of Duty 3 for the nintendo wii.

Graphics-8/10
These graphics are definitely next generation but, I'm still finding the same graphical errors I found in previous installments to the series. It's the little things that stick out, like the fake mud puddles that look like dark shades of green pitifully painted over a dull brown hole and, the overall graphics aren't bad but, they just don't impress me like those of other wii titles. Some of the graphics are awesome but, overall they just don't have that big of an impact on me like in other wii launch titles.

Sounds-9/10
I was VERY impressed to hear in-game music. CoD2 lacked it and I feel as though that really hurt it. I love the in-game music. It's dramatic and really adds zest to the game. I also like the voice acting. It goes well with the setting. The other small time sounds in the game are good and live up to my expectations.

Gameplay- 9/10
The gameplay is a serious case of love it or hate it. You look around by moving the wii-remote around and move around by using the joystick on the nunchuk. Honestly, I like the gameplay but, other people may not. (This is the case with alot of games but, this particular game is serious love it or hate it) The game does seem a little difficult at first and when I played it for the first five minutes I wasn't very impressed but, as I progressed through the game I really came to like it.

Multiplayer- None
Why no multiplayer? I think it really would be fun to play this game in multiplayer against other people. It would be really difficult at first but, it would probably be very fun. I'm greatly disappointed at the lack of multiplayer in this game.

All in all- 7/10
Call of duty 3 is a very promising sequel to probably one of the greatest WWII franchises of all time but, this is slightly disappointing to me. Lack of multiplayer really hurts this game. However, I was very impressed with the musical score. It really added character to the single player and just brought it to life.

Rent, buy, or don't even bother?
I'm going to say rent the game first. See if you like it and if you, buy it. It's just one of those games that you'll get about a level or two into and decide that you like it alot or you hate it. If at all possible, I also recommend playing a demo where available, or play a level of it at a friends house. In short, sample it before you buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 01/09/07