Review by Elementalninjam

"One of the best games I've played in a long time."

In all honesty, this is one of the best games I've played in a long time. I'm no veteran to the series, or even to the genre, but it was amazing. It had all of the things I was looking for, a great stroy, and good assortment of charecters, and it was entertaining. The last few games I've played were duds, that I rarely come back to, but this game has me hooked so much, that I'm starting to look for other games in the series. So, without further ado, let's begin.

Sound 9/10

The sound is probably the best of any game I've ever played. Most of the time, the backround music is very dull, and doesn't make any impression, or the music is overpowering, and distracts from the story. Here, however, the music flows perfectly. The right selection of music comes on when it is needed, then fades when it is not. One selection that sticks out in my mind is Sorrowful Prince Pelleas. It comes on whenever a major event, something that you need to pay attention to, is happening. It is just one of many great examples of the composer and desinger's genius.

Another aspect of the sound in the Voice Acting. While I have heard better, it's not the worst. And though some people rant and rave about the narrators mono-tone, it's really not that bad. In fact, it's not a mono-tone at all!

Gameplay 10/10

This, as I have stated before, is my first strategy game I have ever played. I was expecting something different than what I got, but I have to say this was better than I ever excpected. Each level (called chapters) you are given an objective to complete. Although they are usually the same, there are a rare few that are diffenent. This doesn't detract from the game any, in my opinion, though. As for the battlese, they have good animations, and the system of leveling is very well implemented here.

Graphics 9/10

I never really have much to say about graphics. In my opinion, as long as they aren't horrible, theyr'e good. These graphics are very good. The chapters are always different in some way, and the battle animations are nice and smooth.

Replay 7/10

This is the one week point for this game. Although there are 2 extra charecters you can get the second time through, ande you can always choose how you raise up you units differtly, that all there is.

Overall 10/10

Overall, the game's shortcoming are not enough to lower this games score. Everything is implementd so well, it's hard not to like it. This is a definite buy, but if you're really unsure, go ahead and rent. I'm sure you'll like it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/25/08

Game Release: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (US, 11/05/07)