Review by Big_Blue824

"An entertaining game, but it needs more than one player"

You go around collecting little animals charged with electricity called “Elebits” because the power went out. You have to turn the power back on everywhere. But soon enough, you find yourself in a threadbare, boring fight against an evil elebit. Frankly, the story sucks.

The graphics are kind of cheerful, colorful graphics reminiscent of Katamari Damancy. They were colorful, but other then that nothing special. Nothing wrong that I noticed though, which is rare. I would have given the score a 9/10, but the cut scenes are like a coloring book. It's messy and it doesn't look good.

Sound: 6.5
The music is just as cheerful as the graphics, but unlike the graphics, there are a couple faults. Sometimes, the music seems to be out of place. And the voice acting is horrible. Everything sounds way too scripted, and the voices seem to fluctuate randomly.

Elebits, you aim with the Wii remote and capture the little animals. You can throw bins, tables, chairs, and in the latter parts of the game, giant trailers while searching for the little things. And that's all there is to it. It may be simple, but it's incredibly satisfying. The bad part is that there's a time limit. The life bar is acceptable, but the time limit makes you feel stressed out instead of excited. The game also has an edit mode, in which you can create your own stages. Personally, I didn't find this very fun, but some people like this sort of thing. Meh.

Replay: 7/10
As I said, there's an edit mode to make your own stages. This type of thing appeals to some people. Also, there's multiplayer, in which I assume 2 players compete for the most elebits. I think you can throw trucks at each other as well. But the sheer amount of things you can do in the game is unbelievable. This game has a special physics engine that makes playing catch with trucks unbelievably fun. I like multiplayer.

Rent or buy: If you have multiplayer, I say buy it. But if you're going solo, there's no reason to get it besides the easily beatable story mode.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/20/07