Review by ravenrooney

"A Challenging, Yet Addicting Game"

I got this game for Christmas, and I absolutely love it.

I'll split this review up into five parts: Gameplay, Sound, Fun, Difficulty and Replay. So here it goes.

This game is has a wonderful use of the Wii Remote. The buttons used for the surgical tools, such as the forceps (with which you press A and B at the same time), give it a realistic feel. The fact that the game requires all motions to be actual motions, is very cool. This game has you pulling, pushing and moving the remote the whole way through.

Ah yes, the wonderful sounds of Trauma Center: Second Opinion. The sound quality is wonderful, although some of the effects could have been more detailed. The reason I gave "sound" a 10? The music. This has got to be one of the greatest collections of music ever used in a video game. Some of the pieces make the game more intense and make the already difficult operations more stressful. The music in this game is what makes it so great.

Fun: 9/10

This game is so addicting! I found myself playing it for hours at a time, sometimes only trying to pass one operation. The concept of this game was already great, but it is executed wonderfully, and this is a huge part of the reason TCSO is such a great game. The replay of this game is exceptional and seriously adds to it's "fun factor".

Difficulty: 9/10

This game's difficulty gets greater throughout the game, which is a huge part of the game's "fun factor". It starts out teaching the player how to do very routine surgeries and leads up to the more serious ones. It is really cool how the first operations, and the things you learn to do in them, carry through into the later ones. Near the end, this game becomes very difficult, which is why I haven't even beat it yet.

Replay: 8/10

This game's 62 operations give a lot of replay. It is really fun to go back and try to improve your grade on the easier operations. It can sometimes get very frustrating trying to "XS" even the first mission, which gives more fun and intensity to the game.

The highlights of this game are definitely the replay, music and difficulty. Although it is fun the first time around, I find it more fun to go back and attempt to improve upon what you already have. This game gives hours of play and replay. I love the music co much that I have it on my iPod and listen to it regularly. I even have pictures of the characters on my iPod. I love this game, and is currently one of the best titles for the Wii.

Other games I would recommend for the Wii: WarioWare Smooth Moves, Wii Sports.

Thanks for reading,