Review by ZetsubouSensei

"The best Harvest Moon game YET."

In the 10th Anniversary of Harvest Moon, Natsume had given us Tree of Tranquility.

The basic summary of most of the Harvest Moon games are you coming from the city and instantly becoming a farmer. Most time, you have to save the dying land/island, save the harvest goddess and/or collect a bunch of sprites. Along the way, you can also marry and have a kid.

In Tree of Tranquility, your objective is to save the Harvest Goddess by awakening five harvest sprites, collecting the items on their recipe, making a rainbow, and growing the mother tree once more.

STORYLINE
The storyline isn't really that "wow-ing", but it's good. Most of the time, I found myself having to wait a season or two to just complete a rainbow. Even after the long wait and labor of getting the items, it doesn't end yet. It could take someone around a year or half a year to complete the storyline in game time. Which is a good thing.
6/10

GRAPHICS
For once... the characters don't have deformed feet nor look like babies. Now they look like nicely done characters. The scenery is amazing, along with the buildings looking interesting. Very good quality for a Wii Game and a Harvest Moon game.
8/10

CHARACTERS
This is the best set of Characters yet... maybe ever! They all gave us off this silly yet fun vibe, and all had personalities that made them stick out. The Bachelors and Bachelorettes all looked cute and sexy, so that's a plus! Once again, they look like adults or even older teens, and don't have deformed bodies. It was good to see Elli and Gray from Mineral Town... but I still don't like them.
10/10

GAMEPLAY
Gameplay is simple and you can learn the controls in minutes. However, with the Wii remote motion sensing, it makes fishing and using tools a bit annoying. Thankfully, you can simply press "A" to use the item. Time was going way too fast, also. 3-7 seconds in real time is ten minutes in the game! I didn't like riding my horse, too... since it was choppy on how the horse runs; even on the horse, time doesn't slow down.

A good point on it though, is that now you can move in between and over your crops. In past harvest moon games, you couldn't get to them.

Cutscenes were only storyline, rival, child, and heart event. I do wish that it had non-storyline, non-rival, non-child, and non-heart events... like they always had in past games.
7.5/10

MUSIC
Music wasn't at a good quality, and after awhile, it got boring to listen to. Would have been nice to have a record.
7/10

OVERALL
In short, the game is highly addicting. It has it's good and bad, but it's a really fun game. I do recommend this to Harvest Moon Veterans and people who wish to try it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/30/09

Game Release: Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (US, 09/30/08)