Question from FoundationFlip2

What is the absolute earliest time you can get the Tsubaki Mk-III?

I've heard from some people that there's a way to get it one rank before you're supposed to be able to. I know that after I killed (kinda) that beach boss and received the military item to take to Naomi for her to make the Mk-II, every FAQ I read said that you had to wait until after the next ranked fight to get it but I just did a bunch of missions to start saving up loads of cash, turned the game off for the night, and when I turned it on the next day, she had it ready. Prior to having to complete the above mentioned next ranked fight, that is.
I don't know if its the same thing; like do you have to bring her something in order for her to be able to build it like the Mk-II or does she just automatically create it at a specific time?

From: Littaly 6 years ago

The earliest time you can get the MK-III as far as I know is after having killed Speed Buster. You will receive a Japanese katana (I think you have to pick it up before you can go back to the city). Visit Naomi and you will automatically give her the item. Next time yo visit her she will have the MK-III ready for purchase. To answer the question, the earliest point you can get it is in between the rank 3 and 2 battles.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.