Question from XephyrDragonos

How do you upgrade Tom Nook's first store?

Has anyone done it so far?

In the first 2 animal crossings if you could buy out all of Tom Nook's stuff he would upgrade the next day to a Nookn'go or something. But so far I've been buying him out since Thursday and still nothing is happening.

I've searched everywhere throughout google and no one is really giving me a confirmed answer. Some people say don't sell anything to him for a couple days, some say just wait a week, some people even say it's through the point system but still, no confirmed answer.

Has anyone accomplished this so far? Please post in here when you do, I'm sure everyone is having the same problem as me anyways.
Thanks!

Name: NickyP
Town: Melmac
Code 3695-3579-3830
Fruit: Cherries

nickythenewt21 answered:

You need to buy 25,000 bells worth of items. After that, it should upgrade.
14 5

Answers

Linkzcap answered:

After me and my sister payed off our loans for the second time (19,800 bells & 120,000 bells) there was a message on the bulletin board saying he's remodeling. Maybe you have to pay two loans off first?
1 14

PShack answered:

Wait one week. A lot of people are having their's upgraded tomorrow.
10 4

beliefunwrought answered:

You have to spend at least 25,000 bells in the shop before Tom Nook will upgrade to the Nook 'n Go.
7 6

Luigifan49 answered:

I think you have to buy or sell over 25,000 bells in his store
4 6

ZombiePikmin answered:

Im pretty sure its time related. The day i got it i fast forwarded to Christmas (just for fun) i came back and had nook n go. . .
2 7

trex000 answered:

Yeah, I fastfowarded to a couple of days after December 27, and the nookn'go was there, and when i returned it to the normal time, I still had it.
1 7

Cokeman999 answered:

I know the solution.
You need to give nook 25,000 bells AND have 10 animals living in your town.
5 4

5cats2many answered:

You must BUY $25,000 worth of items in the store (selling items does not count towards the $25,000 like in prior games). I did not TT and the message board said the shop would be closing for remodeling (you do not get a letter). The rumor of not buying or selling for 2 days is fake. The message board will tell you when it will reopen.
4 4

An1maLCr0ssing answered:

I have kept time traveling to try to get some money with my turnups ( my brother spent all my hard work) but sometimes when i time travel you will see these msgs in the board and he will renovate,i am on the 3rd renovation i think his store is called nockengtons, and his children, timmy and tommy operate the 2nd floor but i do not know if this is the last one... hope that helped
0 3

An1maLCr0ssing answered:

0 6

jigglesmax answered:

You can spend a certain amount of money or wait week. I didn't buy anything from his store aside from flowers since I've had this game (a week) and he upgraded yesterday.
1 0