Question from anoniclick

Forgery at Redd's?

Is there any way to tell if a painting is fake or not before you purchase it?
ie. real painting is brighter or more colourful?

sonicfan49 answered:

There is always a giveaway to whether a painting is forged or not. In Wild World, he would have a yellow sparkle in his eye to signify a forged painting. In CF, he gives the Mischief emotion to signify that the painting is fake.
3 0

Answers

Eperiod answered:

nope. that's what sux. :P
2 2

ubidubi answered:

Yes if he has the little purple bar apear above his head of he talks about his cousin then it is fake
0 4

mcmunchly answered:

So what does he say if it is real, because every painting so far has been fake for me.
0 0

JJun answered:

Just today, I tried to buy a Moving Painting from Crazy Redd. I looked for the Mischief emotion, or since his back was turned, the purple bar that was mentioned, but he used a different emotion right away. Not sure what it's called but it he had a big red heart above his head. I bought it right away, but couldn't donate or sell it since it was fake! Just a heads up to you guys. I think it's still unknown how to tell.
0 0

Sasukeroks54 answered:

It sounds as if every painting from Redd is a fraud. Its a never ending question
0 0

MrLost answered:

The emotion thing is probably a load of crap. In the past four weeks, I've bought four paintings from Redd, and they were all forgeries. Twice he used the mischief emotion, and twice the heart emotion.
0 0

CosmicPieHole answered:

Maybe if either emotion appears, there will be a forged painting, but hey, I'm new.
0 0

flyingdragon107 answered:

There is no way to tell if he has a fake. And about the emotions they do not afect the paintings. you can talk to read about the paintings and each time he could do a diffrent emotion.
0 0

MrLost answered:

Actually, Cosmic might have something. I just bought my first legit painting at Redd's a moment ago: he didn't show an emotion when I checked it.
0 0

jigglesmax answered:

I've bought 4 or 5 paintings I believe from Redd sine I got CF and they were all real. (Thanks Goodness) I don't remember exactly, but I don't think he showed any emotion when he was talking to me about it.
0 0

When does Redd restock? Answered Phantom_Nook
Where can I find Redd's Password? Answered neko_dono
Where do I get an invitation for Redd's shop? Answered nuggetnug104
Where Do I Get An Invitation for Redd's Store? Open klsyxcore
Does redd EVER sell any thing new? Answered LordSepiroth666