Question from TwiceBlessed

I hear a strange sound... what is it?

In certain parts of my town on certain days, I'll hear a beeping sound (a short, repetative beep). this sound seems to move around town, and I dont see anything in the sky or anything around me when this happens... does anyone know what this is?

TwiceBlessed provided additional details:

Interesting... it does start and stop, but its not like the cricket noises... it's just a short single beep... and if i stand still and listen, it fades away until i move somewhere else

twiztidniceguy answered:

I was puzzled by this noise for days on end, following this freaking noise, going insane trying to find its source. Finally I found it. Next time you hear it find the closest villager and look closely at him or her. You should see a flea hopping all over him. Equip your net and swing the wiimote. Voila. Flea
2 0

Answers

Zeldanut14 answered:

Dose it happen just randomly walking around town and stop suddenly? Or is it more of a constant beeping?
0 1

Zeldanut14 answered:

If it is more start and stop while you are walking around it's a Mole Cricket
1 1

MetaKnight39 answered:

Wheres my answer?
0 0

Kocoh answered:

The only things I can think of are a UFO or a Meteor Shower, both which make noise. But you say it's not in the sky, so, I don't know other than those.
0 0

net_shark answered:

I hear it also. It sounds like the reminder beep on a cell phone when you miss a call?
0 0

Lost_Arts93 answered:

It's probably a Mole Cricket. Just dig around the sound and you will dig one up.
0 0

twiztidniceguy answered:

Its not a mole cricket. It is a flea ona villager I'm serious
0 0