What is the best strategy for frog catching?

1. How do I catch a frog swimming in the river.....it was near the bridge?

User Info: ladypj

ladypj - 7 years ago
    I also found what looks to be a frog in the river. the net does not work, but neither does the fishing pole. How do I catch it?

User Info: mynameiselbis

mynameiselbis - 7 years ago

1. If you saw something thats shaped like a frog, but its in the river, its a diving beetle. You do use a net to catch it....wait til it scurries over to the bank where you are standing and throw the net. It might take a few tries but keep throwing the net.

User Info: nummysmom

nummysmom - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. It might not have been a frog it could've been a water beetle although this is not the right season for beetles or frogs..but if it is a bug I would swing your net at it.

User Info: elderscrolsnerd

elderscrolsnerd - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. I don't think they are in the rivers. They are in the small holding ponds...and that's where I caught my first one tonight. (and you use a fishing pole...I thought you had to use a net)
    It might have been a diving beetle you saw in the river.

User Info: nummysmom

nummysmom - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. There is no stragety to catch frogs. They are in little ponds. You just wait in the summer night time and catch them.

User Info: pokeaddict17

pokeaddict17 - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. Frogs are in the small ponds....all day. Just use the fishing pole. They are easy to catch.

User Info: nummysmom

nummysmom - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. Sorry to say but you can only catch frogs in the small holding ponds. If you hear the like, a chirping/ribbit noise, then you know that a frog is in there. Just cast your line and see what happens. You might have seen some other bug or something.

User Info: srfr12bc

srfr12bc - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. Tip:they sound somewhat like squirrels.

User Info: 1supersoniccat

1supersoniccat - 6 years ago 0 0
  7. Frogs are in ponds. Ponds are all over your town. So they come out in Summer at about 4:00pm - 8:00pm.

User Info: Fangirl114

Fangirl114 - 6 years ago 0 0
  8. I think frogs are in ponds, not rivers.
    You can find them during the summer.
    You use a fishing rod to catch them, not a bug net.
    There really is no strategy for catching them. You catch frogs the same way you would catch any other fish.

User Info: roofweb

roofweb - 6 years ago 0 0
  9. Just to add some additional information:

You'll find diving beetles in the rivers. They DO look like frogs, but frogs are only found in the holding ponds.

To catch the diving beetle, you must use the net. When the diving beetle is under water, they appear as a black shadow, like fish do. But when they come to the surface, you can see some markings on them. Wait until they have surfaced AND are right next to the edge of the river. Then swing your net!

Oddly enough, when you see a frog in the holding pond, their shadow looks like a fish...lol

User Info: BostonDori

BostonDori (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0