Review by robill18

"I was expecting more."

Well I'm a long time Pokemon fan I've been playing since kindergarden back when I had red version. But I'm deeply disapointed in this game and heres why.

GAME PLAY:Well you can't realy complain it's got a good battle system and decent enemy AI. I thought it would be like the stadium games and it was until I relised NO MINI GAMES!!! I was shocked and appauled I loved the mini games. But the game itself had decent length and each collaseum realy tests you'r skills. You earn money buy either charicter clothing or Iteams you can transfer to you'r ds. No iteams to write home about they were all pretty lame. The trainers you fight are all copys of 6 base models with minor changes. On the plus side you can clone pokemon from diamond and pearl on to the Wii. I personaly found it satisfying seeing my pokemon in 3d. If you don't have diamond and pearl you'r forces to use the atrocious rental teams. In all fairness the teams are balanced but they usualy posses bad move sets. Don't get this game unless you have diamond and pearl.

GAMEPLAY: 6 out of 10

Graphics: At first I thought to myself these graphics are flawless and they were. 34 minutes later my Luxio used bite and I saw that they had no texture. But from a distance the pokemon are stunning. Pokemon use the same movements for multable attacks. Moves like bite and fire fang the pokemon dosn't actualy bite it just shows some jaws and does the tackle movement. But the game had nice shading. But for some strange reason all the pokemon were shiny like plastic without any texture. Chimchars face is flat and oily. But the pokemon moved almost flawlessly.

GRAPHICS: 9 out of 10

SOUND: Unlike most people I never realy pay attenchion to sounds. The music was pretty good but that narrator started to annoy the crap out of me a little while in. He said the same stuff over and over and over and over again until you blast you're sterio so you can't here his ubnoxiouse voice anymore. The pokemon had there usual Computer gererated voices obnoxious and repedative like always. I wish they had used voice acting for the pokemon. For example giving Gallade a human voice and giving Groudon a lions roar twisted to say Groudon but sadly nintendo was to cheap to do somthing that out ragiously awsome.

SOUND: 5 out of 10

STORY: There is no story. You go through gym like collaseums with seemingly no purpose. Even you the player is some rich snob visting poketopia. You don't even battle poketopia hires paid trainers to tell the pokemon what to do while tell him/her what to do from you'r box seats.

CONTROLS: THe Wii mote was very sencitive and for some one with a shaky hand hard to use. But it's basicaly click and point. It's alot like the ds controls. Actualy its like a carbon copy of the ds controls.

CONTROLS: 4 out of 10

OVER ALL: In my opinon it's a decent expancion to diamond and pearl. But if you don't have either one don't bother buying PBR. The game was realy lacking in all feilds exept graphics. But my biggest peeve was there wasnt even a story in my eyes the game was pointless. This games mediocre I say you're better off playing D&P but if you want you're pokemon looking pretty play this game.

OVER ALL: 7 out of 10