how do I fix my green fret?

1. I decided to remove the stickers, and after using stuff like soap( i'm an idiot, i know,) I did get them off, but it seems my green fret is not working. I got all the water out, but it's still not working. What do I do?

User Info: skybro

skybro - 8 years ago
    It wasn't that bad. I'm positive I got it all out. It's working abit now, but I have to hold it down in a slightly different way. And I'll seee if I can check the warrenty. Anything else?

User Info: skybro

skybro - 8 years ago

1. Sorry, but using a method such as you described will void your warranty.

User Info: Justeazy

Justeazy - 6 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Hmm... when something get really wet, I'm not too sure it's fixable. There could be a way, but you might want to see if you have a warnety.

User Info: Frasier_Crane

Frasier_Crane - 8 years ago 0 0
  2. Try leaving it for a few days, if you haven't already. Using it could cause permanent damage.

User Info: Tables

Tables - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. Don't think so. Water and electric don't do good. But I was playing Monsters and the fretboard was messed up.

User Info: FlakyPorcupine

FlakyPorcupine - 8 years ago 0 0
  4. Un screw the neck of the guitar and see if maby some thing is loose also try a small amount of achol (only use that on electronics K) or check where the neck comes off the body of the guitar and do the same.

User Info: krauserkiller

krauserkiller - 8 years ago 1 0
  5. You should of kept on playin gh3 then the stickers will wear off thats wat i did

User Info: terrence7777

terrence7777 - 8 years ago 0 0
  6. Hate to break it to you but I think you're screwed--water and electronics are never a good combination.

User Info: somebody1118

somebody1118 - 7 years ago 0 0
  7. Try a Q-tip and some isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol is much safer for electronics than water, and it tends to remove moisture. *Sometimes* if you apply a little isopropyl to a circuit board that's gotten wet it can dry it out and let it work. Sometimes.

For future reference, never *ever* clean electronics with soap and water. If you absolutely have to remove a sticker or clean something else off of electronic equipment, use isopropyl or shell out for recommended specialty electronics cleaning supplies.

User Info: itdraugr

itdraugr - 7 years ago 1 0
  8. Never use water on electronics or you will be screwed.Try some rubbing alcohol.The only other thing you could do is buying anotther guitar

User Info: coconut32

coconut32 - 7 years ago 0 0
  9. By now its probably to late but if you get electronics wet use a hairdryer to get the water to evaporate.

User Info: nickinatore

nickinatore - 7 years ago 0 0
  10. Google the question

User Info: gbsfsvdfd2524

gbsfsvdfd2524 - 7 years ago 0 1
  11. If u have another guitar use that one

User Info: Fs18

Fs18 - 7 years ago 0 0