Question from skybro

how do I fix my green fret?

I decided to remove the stickers, and after using stuff like soap( i'm an idiot, i know,) I did get them off, but it seems my green fret is not working. I got all the water out, but it's still not working. What do I do?

skybro provided additional details:

It wasn't that bad. I'm positive I got it all out. It's working abit now, but I have to hold it down in a slightly different way. And I'll seee if I can check the warrenty. Anything else?

Answers

Frasier_Crane answered:

Hmm... when something get really wet, I'm not too sure it's fixable. There could be a way, but you might want to see if you have a warnety.
0 0

I_eat_tables answered:

Try leaving it for a few days, if you haven't already. Using it could cause permanent damage.
0 0

FlakyPorcupine answered:

Don't think so. Water and electric don't do good. But I was playing Monsters and the fretboard was messed up.
0 0

krauserkiller answered:

Un screw the neck of the guitar and see if maby some thing is loose also try a small amount of achol (only use that on electronics K) or check where the neck comes off the body of the guitar and do the same.
1 0

terrence7777 answered:

You should of kept on playin gh3 then the stickers will wear off thats wat i did
0 0

somebody1118 answered:

Hate to break it to you but I think you're screwed--water and electronics are never a good combination.
0 0

itdraugr answered:

Try a Q-tip and some isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Isopropyl alcohol is much safer for electronics than water, and it tends to remove moisture. *Sometimes* if you apply a little isopropyl to a circuit board that's gotten wet it can dry it out and let it work. Sometimes.

For future reference, never *ever* clean electronics with soap and water. If you absolutely have to remove a sticker or clean something else off of electronic equipment, use isopropyl or shell out for recommended specialty electronics cleaning supplies.
1 0

coconut32 answered:

Never use water on electronics or you will be screwed.Try some rubbing alcohol.The only other thing you could do is buying anotther guitar
0 0

nickinatore answered:

By now its probably to late but if you get electronics wet use a hairdryer to get the water to evaporate.
0 0

gbsfsvdfd2524 answered:

Google the question
0 1

Fs18 answered:

If u have another guitar use that one
0 0

Justeazy answered:

Sorry, but using a method such as you described will void your warranty.
1 0