Question from Vermineater

How do I beat Lou on Hard?

The notes are too hard for me to hit and he defeats me before I can get many powerups.

coolistmo asked for clarification:

Icant beat lou on medium,but you know you cant just use power ups you have to do the notes too and if you have a power up like hard/expert or double you have to wait a while for the power up to work because lefty flip,broken string,and whammy start right away so just hope for luck that hes gonna get a power up when you got the power up hard/expert and double.

kirkinout answered:

Pretty much all you can do is practice so that you can hit more notes, and hope you get lucky in terms of powerups. There really aren't any strategies for the game.
2 0

Answers

catkiller904 answered:

Get better, practice, etc.
2 1

Gamerfreak25 answered:

Try playing on Expert Career for a bit to help yourself get better. Occasionally try to beat Lou when you think you're making progress. Going from Expert down to Hard and being good at Expert will help beat him on Hard. Really, it's just practice and a bit of luck.
0 1

MiSTeR_BiG_09 answered:

Lou on hard is similar in difficulty to many songs on expert. I'd suggest practicing a bunch on expert on songs with tricky solos.
1 1

holleywood25 answered:

If you play real guitar it really helps to get your fingers loose and have more dexitarity. Caffine helps too :). Just keep practicing. Also, time your weapons to the best of your ability.
0 1

Maxattack798 answered:

The best thing to do is keep practicing until you can master the Devil's solo (The heavy bass part.) Don't focus on power-ups until you can completely beat that half of the song without getting into the red zone /too/ much. Then, try and get as many power-ups in Johnny's Solo as possible. When you use them, be sure to use them in pairs so you can hurt Lou loads more than normal. The last solo after you defeat him is pretty easy, and you shouldn't have that many problems with it. Just remember to strum some during the HOPO sections of the song and be careful.
0 1

raptorz44 answered:

Use your powerups when Lou is about to get his, so he will not get his powerups
1 0

RRtexasranger13 answered:

I also recommend somebody there with you when you try to beat him, so that they can tell you when his is about to get a power-up so you know when to use yours (to prevent him from getting it) without looking on his side of the screen.
1 0

metroidxfusion answered:

I beat it on Hard (as well as Expert) by playing be ear. Listen to the song a lot so you get the rhythm, and try to finger along with it. It helped me...
1 1

Llamaman2 answered:

Keep playing through the battle multiple times. Eventually, you'll learn to get the sections you were having trouble with. Also, work on your expert career and get to the point where you can do quick fretting without too much difficulty. Lastly, try to remember locations where Lou is playing lots of notes, so when you do get powerups, you can hit him hard.
0 1

Seabutcher answered:

Don't forget to save powerups until you have three, and use them all in rapid succession (after or just before one wears off, but before he has time to recover, hit with the next).
It might be possible with two, but if you can get three powerups, you've as good as won as long as you can stay alive until he loses.

And keep at it! I spent weeks trying to get past him before I finally nailed it, and I'm still having trouble doing it again. Victory will be sweet, my friend.
0 1

Reece0607 answered:

I could'nt do it for a while, just keep practicing. i recommend that you keep going at it untill you do it, you will notice that you can do it again and again once you beat him.
0 1

fooby_kamikaze answered:

Beating Lou involves a lot of skill (at this point in the game), and a TON of luck.

I don't remember it exactly, but it you need to be able to do most of the song pretty well. Like, good enough to be in the green already after the 4 chords and the super-long note (during the intro) or at least close to green.
Which means you'll need to be able to at least last through the solos. And during the sections like...

Y Y (YB) Y Y (YB) B B (BO) B B (BO) R R (RY) R R (RY) ETC... (you should know what I'm talking about)
You shouldn't be missing anything there. They're your safe zones during Johnny's solo.

Alright, for the powerup-usage, there's two main tactics I'm going to point out.

The first one I'm not so sure of.
Since the devil gets his first powerup before you, hope that it's something that isn't too devastating, and make sure that you grab your power up partway through your solo. It's a simple R O (unless he used difficulty up, in which case, it's a hammer-on sequence of RYBO) but you need to get it. And save it.
For this tactic, I've heard that you can save it and use it to try to mess up Lou while he's obtaining his second or third powerup, and make him fail to get it. It should throw him off for a bit too.

This second tactic is important, but the key point in it is to not miss a single one of the first three powerup sequences in the whole song. I honestly don't remember if I followed the first thingy (above) or not, but I remember having two powerups for the part I'm about to explain.
Now, since you should have 2 or three powerups saved (and hopefully they're good ones, though I'm not sure what defines it as good), hang onto them until Johnny's solo. Right after they finish the section with "Fire on the mountain, run, boys run!!" (meaning the set of four lyrics), start to use your powerups ONE AT A TIME. Maybe it psyches out your opponent on Wifi, but AI gets fooled differently. The point is, launch a powerup as soon as the previous one goes away, keep him on constant pressure.

Then you hit the most intense part of the song: Johnny's solo. It all comes down to this. Hopefully you should still be in yellow, higher than that is great. Lou should be in yellow too; it's helpful at any rate. Any lower and you might be in trouble. Anyway, this section is all about trading off the rhythm and soloing with Lou, the rhythm being the safe zone section I described above. Learn to play that under duress, as Lou will often try to screw you over with powerups. Those safe zones are your only opportunity to raise your rock meter just a little to help with you get through the solos (which you will need to be able to survive through).

Now, nearly every solo has a powerup sequence in it. You can hardly afford to miss even one, so if you need to, let a few notes pass by so you can prepare yourself to get the powerup! If you keep the pressure going on Lou, you should barely squeeze by before he fails. Or win by a long shot, if you can manage that.
The good news is that if you can manage to do fairly well on the solos (minus the fact that you're getting powerup'd), you can get powerups and save them for a few seconds before Lou grabs his, and launch yours, preventing him from attacking you. That way, you're the only one attacking, and that should help a ton. This is hard to do though, because it involves a lot of glancing at Lou's notes, taking attention away from your own. But if you can handle that, great.

But it's not over yet! The final verse, where Lou has phailed and you get to hear the terrible sensorship of the "son of a *****" line, is still left. I was in flashing red when I hit this, so I was extremely nervous. Anyway, get ready, as soon as the fretboard pops up you're thrown right into it! Hit 'dem notes! Don't panic, all you have to do is survive. The only deadly parts are the riffs during "Fire on the mountain, run, boys, run!!" and then the follow up to that. But only for a little, it calms down a bit for the ending.
1 0

Hungryfrog answered:

I would suggest practice, playing a bit of Expert Career, and timing your powerups. Use em' when he gets his or save em all up and blast all 3 at once.
0 1

terrence7777 answered:

Practice practice practice it will help alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 1

Unonomenam answered:

Save up your attacks gained through solos and use them wisely. when you have three wait for a solo with a lot of notes. Once it comes up, use 1 of your attacks. Repeat this sequence until lou is defeated.
0 0