Question from RRtexasranger13

Best way to beat Through the Fire and the Flames? (Expert)

I've beaten every other song in the game, except for this one, how do you recommend getting past the intro, as that is what it is killing me?

Frasier_Crane answered:

FYI, the "rubber band trick" is consitered cheating, so it isn't the best method.
2 0

Answers

catkiller904 answered:

Use the rubber band trick?
0 2

holleywood25 answered:

Practice. Some people use the 2 hand tapping to get past the intro, but I like just using one hand to play the notes. Learn how to do it slowly, then speed it up.
1 0

Santana722i answered:

There are many different tips and tricks for doing this, but no comfirmed "best". I suggest you attempt them all in practice, on the slowest setting, and go with whatever works. Once you can nail it on the slowest setting, work your way up through speed until you can finally beat it.
1 0

rapmaster9211 answered:

A good way is to slow down in practice mode until you memorize the "passage" or hold down the green button for majority of the song.
0 0

Gamerfreak25 answered:

Learn to tap. Here's a good guide how to do it.
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45137
1 0

MiSTeR_BiG_09 answered:

The rubber band trick was what I used to beat TTFaF for my friend, and it makes it quite a bit easier. If you absolutely have to beat it, and you don't care how, do the rubber band trick.
1 1

Vidy_ogamasta answered:

For the intro, tapping is the best method.

Simply strum holding down red and green. Release green and NEVER let go of green. Then hit Yellow, Blue, Red, and Yellow left-handed. while you're doing all of this left-handed action,. bring your strumming hand up to the fretboard with index on blue and middle on orange. Hit Blue, orange, blue orange with your strumming hand, then the rest of the intro is just memorizing the pattern.

For the solos, I'd recommend practicing them. There's no real way to explain it. The first is ascending scales plus a few reverse intro (orange after every note), then a few scales. Then an easy SP, then descending scales. Then there's a part similar to blackest waves, then more ascending scales. Then a few YO trills that move down to GY.

Then there's an intro-looking part, you should be able to hit it 1-handed. Then another SP (Don't choke on the last section of it), then "What The?..." section. This section is just flailing tbh. Then there's a fast strumming section that's fairly easy to get with an SP, then a few quick ascending scales, then a few descending scales then finally the GYO chord!

I would recommend using SP at the beginning of Twin Solo (Right after the fast strumming section) unless you completely own at the solo. Then use it on "What the?..." because that's where you're likely to fail.

If you make it to the GYO chord, as long as you're in mid yellow or above, you've practically won the song. Just watch out for "You rock!" where you hold the red and alternate between blue and orange. If you miss, feel free to stop for a second to get back on rhythm, the last thing you need is to fail at 98% ~_o You may want to save any SP you get after the GYO chord for this.
1 0

_OBJECTION_ answered:

Since I am lazy, I use this really good black tape, not the rubber band. Just for the intro though, the rest is from skill :D
0 0

ffpianodude answered:

Don't skip this one because it looks confusing. I put it in simpler words below.

I'm gonna really spell this out clearly first...

For the intro, I suggest this:
(assuming that you hold the guitar right-handed style...)

Hold the green fret down with your forefinger
This is the order of the notes other than green:
R Y B R Y B O B O Y B R O Y B Y

You have to tap. I use both hands. Starting with your right hand (I use my middle finger and forefinger), press the R fret and strum at the same time.
Y - L ring finger
B - R hand
R - L middle
Y - R hand
B - L pinky
O - R hand
B - L pinky
O - R hand
Y - L ring finger
B - R hand
R - L middle
O - R hand
Y - L ring finger
B - R hand
Y - L ring finger

After you hit each note, be sure to let it go completely so the game can do a pull-off to green.

Okay, so basically, this what I do in shorter words...

Holding down G with left forefinger, press R with right hand and strum at the same time - then alternating hands for each note (besides green), tap.

For the rest of the song, I suggest that you don't use Star Power until the solos, if it's possible. If you can't, then don't use Star Power after the second bridge (which is the part right before the Whoooooooa)
1 0