Review by marioman1015

"A Rockin' Third Game To A Rockin' Series"

On October 28, 2007, I waited outside of a local Gamestop to get my hands on a copy of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock for Wii. I had played the three previous games including the Encore, and I was so excited to be getting another guitar game. I got home with my copy and played it all day. I was amazed at the selection of songs and the graphics weren't that bad for the Wii.

Story 10/10
I loved the small inbetween-level cartoons that moved the story along. It was fun battling against rock legends like Slash and Tom Morello. The final battle where we found out our manager was the devil was awesome too. The Devil Came Down To Georgia was a crazy song and just to top it off, you had to play Through The Fire and The Flames while the credits were rolling. Activision did a good job with the story considering that they have never worked on a Guitar Hero game before. I give the story a 9/10.

Gameplay 10/10
Once again, the game is played with colored buttons and a strum bar that follow the on-screen notes. I love the Les Paul controller and just the concept of a guitar controller blows my mind. The battle mode in this game is cool because of the power-ups that you send to your opponent while playing. I gave the gameplay a 10/10.

Songlist 10/10
Awesome song selection. The best yet. I loved playing awesome fret-burners like Metallica's "One" and Slayer's "Raining Blood". Playing classics like The Rolling Stones' "Paint It, Black" and Kiss' "Rock and Roll All Night". I gave the songlist a 10/10.

Graphics 9/10
Regular PS2 graphics. Not the best the Wii could have. I think they could have pushed it a little more. At least enough to have a HD mode. It's no 360, but graphics don't matter very much. I give the graphics a 9/10

Rent, buy, or stay away?
Well, you can't rent it and if you stay away, you will be missing out big time. Buy it.

In the end, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock came out to be a fun and rocking experience that I will always remember. The graphics could have been pushed a little more, but that doesn't matter. Congrats Activision and Neversoft on making a game in a series that you have not worked on before.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/31/07

Game Release: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (w/Guitar) (US, 10/28/07)