Review by heffnerd2Point0

"I Want to Rock and Roll All Night...and All Day"

Guitar Hero III is without a doubt the most enjoyable game I've ever played. There is nothing in this game that could be changed to make it any better.

The guitar that comes with this game is awesome. It very closely resembles a realistic guitar. For the Wii, you stick the Wii remote into a spot and plug it in to the guitar.

The graphics of this game are pretty nice. Like all the other Guitar Hero games, you can see your player strumming the guitar to the notes that are playing. But, unlike other Guitar Hero games, the singer actually looks like he is singing the words. The drummer is a little stiff, but he still looks fine.

The gameplay has not changed much since previous Guitar Hero games. You still try to hit the notes as they come across the screen on the little board thing. Star power can be activated by tilting the guitar still. There are more modes to this, though. In co-op career, you can play lead while your friend plays the bass. In face off, you play some notes while your opponent plays some other notes. In pro face-off, you and your opponent play the same notes and try to get the best score. New to this game is battle mode, where you can play with opponent, and instead of star power, you get power ups to try make your opponent lose.

WiFi is a pretty nice addtion. However, there are some problems with lag, which is a major bummer.

Songs/Audio: 10/10

The songs in this game are awesome. They range from Metallica's "One," to The Killer's "When You Were Young," to The Rolling Stones' "Paint It Black." There is a very wide variety of songs to choose from, as there are over 70, as well as a couple different genres. They even included a few foreign-language songs.

One thing that is clearly noticeable is that the songs this time around are quite difficult, such as "Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce. It took me a week in order to pass the seventh tier on hard in career mode, and now I'm stuck on the eighth tier. This game is not exactly the best Guitar Hero game to start out with.

Overall, I give this game a 9/10. This game has a wide variety of songs, great graphics, and is an awesome experience. So if you've got a Nintendo Wii and about one hundred bucks laying around, I highly recommend getting this game. It will provide you with months of fun.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/26/07, Updated 05/07/08

Game Release: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (w/Guitar) (US, 10/28/07)