Review by leafsgogo

"Wii Will Rock You like a Hurricane"

Guitar Hero III is the best game in the series. Everyone thought that the Wii was going to get so much of a disadvantage. I first wondered how the Wii Remote was going to act as the Wireless connection. I haven't seen any major problems yet. I will tell you more.

The graphics are pretty good considering it's a Wii. I mean, the Wii has PS2 equivalent graphics. I know it's not perfect, but you get used to it after awhile. But the graphics aren't really the one thing that makes this game good or bad. Sometimes the screen just freezes, maybe it is my Wii. If the screen freezes, the bad part about it is, you have to unplug the whole Wii, not just one cord. The graphic difference between Guitar Hero III and II is that the notes look more developed. Some people complain that the tapping in Guitar Hero III is nothing compared to Guitar Hero II. I disagree with this (it may be that I have not played any other Guitar Hero game as much as I have the third one.) because I find it easier to see the light around the note.

Game play: 8/10

The game play is pretty very good. Again, considering it's the Wii. The new additions to the Third Installment is, battle mode. In this mode you succeed by attacking your opponent with attacks. You get the attacks by hitting the sequence, just like Star Power. The attacks make your screen/guitar mess up. The game play is almost the exact same as Guitar Hero II. I feel the Wii is getting a little bit of a disadvantage. The Wii has no down loadable Content (DLC). When you are on line, the most annoying thing is the lag. If you do not have a good connection, then the game play is going to be a bit annoying. You can always go to the "calibrate lag" option and fix it. Most of the time it will disconnect before you can calibrate the lag.

Wii Remote/Guitar: 9/10

The only problem with the guitar is that the sound on the Wii Remote makes a distracting noise when you miss a note. Also the whammy bar is really annoying when it is unresponsive. Most of the time all you have to do is unplug the Wii Remote, and then plug it back in. The Wii Remote is a bit annoying to play with. If you get used to it, then it will be fun to play co-op with someone if you don't have an extra guitar.

The only reason I give the sound an 8/10 is solely because of the noise of the Wii remote noise, and the mono. If you want to turn off the sound for the Wii Remote, you can. It was a bit annoying at first, but I got used to it. The overall song selection is very good. There are some covers that are just fantastic, and then there are some not so good covers. There are songs that have "Wii" have been waiting for since Guitar Hero I. Activision sent out an email saying that if you want to sign up for the replacement disc for the mono "bug", then you can go to the website provided to sign up. You will have to send in your old disc though.

The overall reason I gave this very addicting game an 8/10 is because of the no DLC and the mono "bug". Sometimes I cannot stop playing this game. Once you get past medium, it starts to get very addicting and fun. Some people complain that it is too hard. With some songs, I agree. But, this game is by far the best in the series. Overall I this game is very good compared to some of the games on the Wii.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 04/24/08

Game Release: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (w/Guitar) (US, 10/28/07)