Review by tmnt89

"Rock On!!!"

Before I start off, I would like to say that this is one of the best Guitar Heroes yet.

Story

Most of the Guitar Hero Games do not have a true storyline. Normally you just travel around and rock out. This one adds a twist to the story. You (accidentally) sell your soul and end up having to face, in my opinion, on of the hardest Guitar Hero bosses yet.

Graphics

I normally don't care about graphics, but they are really not that good. Most everything looks the same. The guitarists look nice, and all of their alternate costumes look good. The guitars also look great. The fretboard and notes look pretty good, too.

Gameplay

Any problems that happened in Guitar Hero 1 and 2 have been fixed in Guitar Hero 3. Hammer-ons and Pull-offs fell much better to do. Notes are a lot easier to read.

Controller

The controller hasn't changed much. The strumming bar is a little longer. Also the wiimote rumbles (unlike other versions) when you get star power.

Song Selection

The songs are really a matter of opinion. Some people love most of the songs, and some people only like a couple. I liked the song selection. The biggest problem was it didn't have lots of older songs. Most of them are newer songs that have been out for a few years. It would have been better if almost all of the songs were classics.

Sound

It is as good as the previous games (if not better). It didn't have surround sound (like the other consoles' versions), hopefully future Wii Guitar Hero games will have it. One thing that was cool, was when you messed up a note, it came out of the wiimote.

Wifi/Multiplayer

Wfif is great! I love getting on and testing my skills with other players. There are a bunch of fun modes to try out. One thing that the wii version is missing is DLC. This is a drag. I was hoping to download some cool songs, and maybe some Nintendo tunes.

Overall

Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock is a great addition to the Guitar Hero saga. If you have played all of the Guitar hero games or none of them, you will love this game. It is defiantly worth a buy, although I would try playing it before you buy it. There is a little learning curve that some people cannot get.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/20/09

Game Release: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (w/Guitar) (US, 10/28/07)