Is there a way of setting it to 4:3 screen??

1. I just bought the game and it plays on 16:9 as default. The problem is that my TV is a regular one, it does not support wide screen. Is there any way to set the screen to 4:3? I've looked for it but still haven't found!
    Thanks in advance.

User Info: jokerwicker

jokerwicker - 7 years ago

1. I think you should check what greatanubis said and make sure the Wii's setting is in 4:3. Also this resident evil is the first one to use the black areas on the bottom and top of the screen, giving it a "widescreen" effect. You should recheck the TV too. I could be some sort of setting or hardware compability.

User Info: Chino_sacto88

Chino_sacto88 - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Is the Wii's system setting set to be 4:3? I haven't trying playing on a normal television, but all of my Wii games pick up the video setting from the Wii's system menu. Resident Evil 4 is not quite 16:9 though, so it may be different.

User Info: GreatAnubis

GreatAnubis - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. There is no way to change RE4 to 4:3. Yes, it does suck. I have the same issue. My settings are on 4:3, but unless you have a crappy tv, it'll be fine.

User Info: UnluckyFriday

UnluckyFriday - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Why would you even want to change it to 4:3? It's better in widescreen and it doesn't matter whether your TV is widescreen or not.

User Info: Super-Malijube

Super-Malijube - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. It's letter boxed, so even though you have the two black bars across the top and bottom of the screen, its still in 4:3 format. I think that may be what you're seeing.

User Info: DeathByControl

DeathByControl - 7 years ago 0 0
  5. Change your settings on the wii.

User Info: theQuarentined

theQuarentined - 7 years ago 0 0
  6. Change the screen on the wii options menu, for some reason, some games (RE: Archives, UC, RE4) i have to change the the configuration, or else those black bars appear..hope that helps.

User Info: Chaos_blasta

Chaos_blasta - 7 years ago 0 0