Question from jokerwicker

Is there a way of setting it to 4:3 screen??

I just bought the game and it plays on 16:9 as default. The problem is that my TV is a regular one, it does not support wide screen. Is there any way to set the screen to 4:3? I've looked for it but still haven't found!
Thanks in advance.

Chino_sacto88 answered:

I think you should check what greatanubis said and make sure the Wii's setting is in 4:3. Also this resident evil is the first one to use the black areas on the bottom and top of the screen, giving it a "widescreen" effect. You should recheck the TV too. I could be some sort of setting or hardware compability.
2 0

Answers

anubistpf answered:

Is the Wii's system setting set to be 4:3? I haven't trying playing on a normal television, but all of my Wii games pick up the video setting from the Wii's system menu. Resident Evil 4 is not quite 16:9 though, so it may be different.
0 1

UnluckyFriday answered:

There is no way to change RE4 to 4:3. Yes, it does suck. I have the same issue. My settings are on 4:3, but unless you have a crappy tv, it'll be fine.
0 0

Super-Malijube answered:

Why would you even want to change it to 4:3? It's better in widescreen and it doesn't matter whether your TV is widescreen or not.
0 0

DeathByControl answered:

It's letter boxed, so even though you have the two black bars across the top and bottom of the screen, its still in 4:3 format. I think that may be what you're seeing.
0 0

theQuarentined answered:

Change your settings on the wii.
0 0

Chaos_blasta answered:

Change the screen on the wii options menu, for some reason, some games (RE: Archives, UC, RE4) i have to change the the configuration, or else those black bars appear..hope that helps.
0 0

The chair? Open niclang
How do I get past (3-2)? Open phatta51
Starting 1st Round Pro with Handcannon?? Answered Mykey2011
Weapons Recovery Menu Option? Answered Notpoe
Does this game involve shaking the nunchuk? Answered Paloyp