Review by thecheese103

"Believe it or not, a solid game."

Believe it or not, a solid game.

Hello and welcome to my review for SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis , the united states release of the game. You might think Spongebob is a kids game, and well, it sort of is. I got it for Christmas, my parents thought I liked the game of a show I watched 5 years ago, but I picked up the game the other day and It is pretty good. Let me show you what I mean.

Story- 9/10
The story of the game is based off of some Spongebob television special, Atlantis SquarePantis. First Spongebob and Patrick stumble upon an ancient Atlantean amulet, and combined with its other half it gave them a magical bus which could fly them to Atlantis. Once they arrived, with their friends Sandy, Squidward, and Mr.Krabs, they were greeted by the king of Atlantis. Once there they all split up and looked for what they wanted to see in Atlantis. Things like art, science, and duh money. Spongebob and Patrick had heard the Legend of The Worlds Oldest bubble that was in Atlantis, but when they saw it it poped. They then had to escape from Atlantis with their lives. Although extremely childish, I give the Story a 9/10, its very easy to follow.

Game Play- 8/10
The game has some good game play. Basically what you do is just go throught the levels in the story to get Atlantean coins that you can spend in the Shop mode, which is where you can buy most of the unlockable content of the game. There are a total of 14 different levels in the game. In arcade mode, you play various mini games, you start out with some but buy the others. This is a mode for up to 2 players. There is a art gallery, where you can view pictures that you have unlocked. There is also a mode where you can dress up Spongebob in different clothing that you have unlocked. You can also customize options in the game. This game has some decent game play, I give it an 8/10.

Graphics- 7/10
The game has good graphics, but there are several errors to them. None of the errors are that major, but they are things that could have been better. For example, some of the character designs are a bit buggy when they are moving. And sometimes when they are speaking there mouths are just moving a little weird. But things like the backround, areas, and just general in game things are really good. I give it a 7/10.

Sound-7/10
I like some of the sound in this game. The music that plays throught the levels is cool, for most of it being from the show. The game has many unique sound effects for things like enemies, jellyfish, and more. Even when you're just doing the levels sometimes your characters have little conversations with each other. Overall I give the sound a 10 out of 10.

Buy or rent: Rent, most people don't like this game enough to waste all of their money on it.

Final Recommendation: Spongebob is actually a pretty cool game. Get it if you just feel like playing a game that isn't super competitive.

Overall Rating- 7/10

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/21/08

Game Release: SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis (US, 11/12/07)