Question from tiptonhr

Turning extras on/off?

I just recently started buying extras and some of them are different colors in the pause menu. Does this mean anything? Also, I noticed that some of them turn off on their own, while some stay on. Am I going to have to turn them on every time I want to use them? That would be annoying.

tiptonhr provided additional details:

But I didn't turn my game off last night - I was still playing and some of them turned off by themselves and I had to turn them back on after some missions. Could it be because I went and did bounty hunter missions and maybe they turned off because you aren't allowed to use them on bounty hunter missions?

tiptonhr provided additional details:

Stud magnet, in particular, keeps turning itself off and I haven't figured out a pattern or reason why.

anubistpf answered:

As I said, certain areas will turn off some of your extras automatically. Stud magnet for instance only works in normal story levels and Free Play mode. It does not work on Bounty Hunter missions, bonus stages, or the episode bonus stages.
0 0

Answers

anubistpf answered:

You will have to turn them on whenever you turn the game back on after having it off, and some of them do not apply to certain areas (like the bonus stages, and stud collection stages).
0 0

rickdel7 answered:

It doesn't matter what colour the extra is you turn them on and off by pressing a when your in the extra's menu when one of the extra's are highlighted. After doing some mission like bounty hunter missions some extras may will turn off.
0 0