Tips on how to beat the Expert Staff Ghosts?

1. Well, I have only just bought this fantastic game and have started immediately trying to unlock everything, as you do. Anyway, I noticed that a few of the characters require Expert Staff Ghosts to either be beaten or unlocked. I know you have to beat the original Staff Ghost by at least 7 seconds but the problem is, THAT'S VERY HARD!!

Any tips on how to beat these Staff Ghosts easily? Like, extremely good shortcuts, hacks, anything! I really don't think I can do it!

User Info: rockerman2828

rockerman2828 - 6 years ago
    Also, recommended tracks would be good, but I will go through other answers as well.

User Info: rockerman2828

rockerman2828 - 6 years ago
    Thanks everyone for their ideas. I have unlocked the B-Dasher Kart MK2 thanks to your advice. I'm going to leave this question open so others can learn from it.

User Info: rockerman2828

rockerman2828 - 6 years ago
    To cookie487:

What do you exacty mean by selling your ghosts on ebay? How do you do that? And do you mean a real car or just a kart?

User Info: rockerman2828

rockerman2828 - 6 years ago

1. The only thing i can think of is to practice and practice.

User Info: Rubyyoshi

Rubyyoshi - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Lots of practice but also the right vehicle and charactor combonation. Personally, I use Funkey Kong and the bowser bike because it is one of the fastest on the game. However, if you are a beginner use a combonation with better offroad and handling. Don't forget at the start hold the accelerate button (2) when the number 2 fades on the countdown screen to get a boost start. Also, If you have a mushroom use this speed burst to cut accross grass, sand, etc. Also, I thing to note not all the courses are 7 seconds faster than the original staff ghost data. Some are 5, some are 8. Just concentrate and make sure if you are in manual you drift a lot. Personally, I prefer automatic as you travel faster in a straight. However, that is just my opinion.

Good luck!

User Info: georgetheroger

georgetheroger - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. Another thing that will help out it performing tricks
    when launching off ANY ramp, or really anything that kinda launches you in the air
    flick the remote, normally a quick flick down works and doesnt mess up your driving.
    when you land, you will have a small speed boost (the ghosts do this as well)

User Info: bluemojo84

bluemojo84 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. You buy extra goats and sell them on ebay to get a better car

User Info: cookie487

cookie487 - 6 years ago 0 4
  4. You can go on youtube and look at expert staff time ghost and then find the course you want, pick the exact character and vechicle that the expert ghost has and follow it's route. You can mess up a bit since the expert time ghost is way faster than the normal ghost. So just follow the ghost and you'll unlock the expert time ghost.

User Info: aurastorm1997

aurastorm1997 - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. No character will need an Expert Staff Ghost to be beaten. You just need to unlock the Expert Staff Ghost, or Fast Staff Ghost. There is an excellent guide on Tips on Beating Expert Staff Ghosts on the Mario Kart Wii Board. Just click on the tab "Board" under Mario Kart Wii. Credit for that guide goes to gopher_p.

Let me just tell you that Peach on the Mach Bike (Automatic) is the best combo for people who have a hard time unlocking these ghosts. The easiest ghosts to beat are the GCN DK Mountain and N64 Sherbet Land Ghosts. The hardest ghosts to beat are the SNES Ghost Valley 2 and Rainbow Road ghosts.

A tip I can give you is use your mushrooms wisely. Not all at once, but use them separately at different shortcuts. If you know a shortcut saves a lot of precious seconds, use one mushroom for it each lap, if you do need the mushroom. Hope this helps!

User Info: SimHelper022

SimHelper022 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. Try to pop wheeles if you are that determind look at the records on mario cart channel ( wi-fi is needed) try to use turbos in the right places.

User Info: StraitArrow

StraitArrow - 6 years ago 0 0
  7. Go to the Forums and look at the stickied topic "Expert Staff Ghosts V2" Great info there.

User Info: aRobloxian

aRobloxian - 6 years ago 0 0