How to avoid blue shells?

1. Arg, I feel a bit like an idiot. I accepted an answer thinking you could do it for any answer you thought was correct in my last question, not realizing it'd close the question. So, to hopefully get a bit more help on it since I feel there might be more, reposting it, both answers, and a request for clarifcation on something.

The question...

I'm aware of the ability to evade an incoming blue shell by using a mushroom right when it prepares to drop and explode. However, I've heard that blue shells can be dodged by other items and methods, even that someone used a banana peel in a a fashion that was not explained to evade one. What are the other ways to do this, mega mushroom, bullet bill, and the star aside?

The answers...

Metamorphazone - Some boosters on certain tracks (Moonview Highway, for example), if you boost at the right time, you can avoid them (it's harder though). I wasn't aware of any other items enabling you to dodge 'em.

moarmudkipz - On certain jumps, you can drop a banana at the precise time to make a Blue Shell explode prematurely. Also, my brother says he has dodged a Blue Shell by doing a trick and avoiding a POW block at the same time.

And, the clarification...

Certain jumps? You mean ones that put you high enough in the air to get level with the blue shell, like some of those on Waluigi Stadium?

Beyond clarifying that, are there any other methods? Too bad I can't practice the above in Time Trial.

User Info: TwilightPhoenix

TwilightPhoenix - 8 years ago

1. 1.do a trick jump (DO TRICK IN THE AIR) 2.A STAR or 3.go off a platform

User Info: isaiahmaster5

isaiahmaster5 - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. All the methods you have listed are the only known ways to avoid blue shells. A mushroom is your best bet though.

User Info: oOPenguin941Oo

oOPenguin941Oo - 8 years ago 3 1
  2. There's no clear-cut way to avoid blue shells all of the time.

User Info: Philz20

Philz20 - 8 years ago 1 2
  3. In rainbow road using the cannon at the right moment will also help but all of these tactics are not easy to pull off anyway

User Info: ha_hobo

ha_hobo - 8 years ago 1 1
  4. I meant the Bowser Castle end jump, and things like that. There is a video of it on Youtube somewhere.

User Info: moarmudkipz

moarmudkipz - 8 years ago 1 1
  5. Star power.

User Info: DUFES

DUFES - 7 years ago 2 1
  6. If u get a mushroom in first as soon as the blue shell goes down trying to blast u boost away

User Info: mianiajoy

mianiajoy - 7 years ago 1 0
  7. To do that all you have to do is have a speed up when it's about to hit you use it with the right timing you should get away.

User Info: billupskid

billupskid - 7 years ago 1 0
  8. Ive seen people get hit by the blue shell a lot and then outta no where they appear in front of me i wanna know how to do that but its pretty annoying because i keep losing my points online.

User Info: ikerockz

ikerockz - 7 years ago 0 0
  9. U can use a boost at the right time.

User Info: 213luiz

213luiz - 7 years ago 0 0