Review by catfriedrice

"Mario Kart Wii; One of the funnest Wii games currently out. One problem, though; items."

Mario Kart, as you most likely know, is a racing game based in the Mushroom Kingdom, or the Mushroom World, perhaps. Anyway, the games have been very popular ever since the first one came out on the Super Nintendo. They have been very popular, and this one is a good addition to the series. If you don't want to look through this whole review, I'll just say it now, buy it.

Gameplay/Controls - A very important part of any racing game. In Mario Kart Wii, the main controller is the Wii remote, combined with a new accessory called the Wii Wheel, luckily, a Wii Wheel comes free with the game. And if you want to buy more Wheels, they are about $10 each. The Wii Wheel works very nicely, and the controls feel very smooth. It's very easy to pick up and play. There are a few flaws, but nothing worth mentioning. But, if you don't like the wheel, you can use The Gamecube controller, Virtual Console controller, or Wiimote + Nunchuk.

Graphics - A little blocky here and there, but good. The game is very colorful, but at times can hurt your eyes. My eyes have began to water on Rainbow Road once or twice, combined with the frustration of falling and the colors.

Sound - Very nice sound. Some songs may seem similar, and and a few tracks I would have preferred the original music. (like Isle Delfino music on the Delfino track, and a few others) The characters voices are very good. Although, Donkey Kong and Funky Kong sound strange. The noises you're going to hear from DK and Funky Kong while playing are insane.

Characters - The characters are nice. New additions are Funky Kong, Rosalina, Dry Bowser, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, and any Mii you have on your system or in your parade. Many other characters are returning.

Tracks - Same old things, jungles, beaches, etc. Some new places. 16 new courses, and 16 retro courses. A big selection.

Online - Unlike Brawl, you can get right into a game in a few seconds. The Wi-Fi is smooth and nearly completely lag-free. I've only had a little tiny bit of lag for a few seconds once on an online race, and I've raced on Wi-Fi... a lot.

This game is very very fun. I suggest you purchase it as soon as you can, and buy the other Wheels if you have, you know, friends.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 05/06/08

Game Release: Mario Kart Wii (US, 04/27/08)