Review by pn0yvstyle

"Decent Game, but Double Dash is still the best!"

The game is decent. It has the fun factor in it but when playing single player, it's not so fun. It is very frustrating playing against computers that constantly use items to their advantage. I played many Mario Kart games and this one was the far worst when it comes to item abuse. When I first started the game, I was really frustrated with the AI's usage of the items, which was extremely high. Item abuse is too damn easy in this game which is a let down. In one race alone, I encountered situations where I was first place and computers constantly threw blue shells and red shells like crazy. This alone is probably the one factor that totally ruins the game itself. And from reading many other reviews, I'm not alone when it comes to that very factor.

Some of the unlockables are too hard to unlock and makes you want to abandon them, especially when unlocking characters where you have to get at least one star in certain cups. That would take the work of a pro, which this game shouldn't be about. I'm not as pro as many others in this game but this is suppose to be a fun game where EVERYONE can enjoy it, not just the pros. Unlocking unlockables in this game will be frustrating and it will not be fun at all. I am currently trying to unlock some of these since I unlocked the easy ones already and it is not fun. Game play with others is fun despite all of this but it can be VERY frustrating when playing single player.

With all that said, this game is decent and worth purchasing if you are not really looking forward to going pro and unlocking everything. This is a great game for family and friends to enjoy but not so fun when it comes to single player. If you are going to play by yourself, then be prepared to be frustrated. I recommend playing with the gamecube controllers since that is what makes the game even more fun. The Wii wheel is over-rated and is too sensitive for actual gameplay. Most of my friends and family members agree. I'm glad we didn't have to pay extra for such a useless product. Double Dash is still by far the best Mario Kart game in my opinion and Mario Kart Wii is far from being as fun as Double Dash. So don't expect too much from this game. Other than that, Mario Kart Wii is an "enjoyable" game.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 06/16/08

Game Release: Mario Kart Wii (US, 04/27/08)