Review by chococheesey

"The Good, The Bad, and the Mario Kart Wii!"

The title just about says it. It may have some ugly spots, but it is still a good game. When I first got this game I was jumping out of my seat. I learned to use the wii wheel very quickly and started the 50cc Grand Prix's.

Right from the get-go I realized that they had changed quite a lot of stuff since double dash... there are more people this time, their karts seem to go faster than yours regardless, and they seem to always get amazing items.

There are a lot of bad reviews out there that say the computers ALWAYS get the amazing items and that they always hit you, but most of it is preventable. If you are in first hold on to the green shell or banana and get rid of the fake item boxes immediately! If you give them even a sliver of hope with hitting you with a red shell, the computers will take advantage of it.

The mob theory is one me and my friends talk about when we play in the vs together. If you are in 150cc then you can expect there to be a mob. If you don't get out ahead of it, they will eat you alive! If you are in 2nd, plan on getting hit by a red shell, then getting hit by 7-8 other players, odds are one of them will have a thundercloud that's time just ran out on you.

The Battle Mode is probobly the most fun aspect of the game. Unlike old Mario Karts, you can battle all by your lonesome. They have a ton of courses and it's quite fair because you are not bombarded with red shells like you are in the Grand Prixs.

I think that the graphics are amazing in comparison to other games of the wii. There are only some flaws like Luigi getting stuck in a tree at the Maple Tree course. Also there are hardly any flaws in gameplay. The only problem I see is when you turn the Wii Wheel too far, then the sensor will be going the other way and so will you.

Over all, this is a good game and one of the games that my friends and me always considered must-haves since the N64, other must-haves are SSBB, Mario Galaxy, and at least one of the Mario Party Games. This is definately worth buying if just for the multiplayer.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 06/24/08

Game Release: Mario Kart Wii (US, 04/27/08)