Review by tiger_gamer

"Put the pedal to the metal"

Introduction
Mario Kart has always been a fan favorite since the days of the super Nintendo. Each game is different the previous one which can include: Graphics, Tracks, and characters. Mario Kart Wii is a huge step in the right direction. One new thing is now all the characters have motorbikes and karts.
It features use of the Wii wheel, which allows you put the Wiimote in a steering wheel type device. Want to find out whats so great about Mario Kart Wii than read on.

Controls 10/10
This games uses the wiimote and steering wheel. The steering wheel works just like a real one, or if you can't drive it is similar to the ones used in arcade games. Pretty much to turn right you turn the steering wheel to the right. If you turn to fast of sharp you car will skid. So you have to be gentle depending on where and how to need drive. Now if you don't like to use the wiimote you can use the Gamecube controller. The Gamecube controller uses the same controls as it did in Mario Kart Double Dash. Overall controls are pretty awesome in this game.

Story
This is a racing game so like most sports game it does not have a storyline or a plot

Game Play 9/10
Grand Prix- Grand Prix mode is where you race against computers characters and try to win a cup. That is the mode where you unlock new cups and characters. The levels you start out with are fun but most are recycled from previous mario kart games. Now they are fun but I think there could have been better levels.

Multiplayer- The multiplayer in this game is so much fun. Now this is the kind of game that is more fun with some friends. You can do a battle mode, that is where you do these mini game like things, or you can just race head to head.

WiFi- This game allows you to play with people all over the world. You can do a race with up to 12 people, or try to beat other peoples ghosts. I like the WiFi but it does have tendency to cut out during races.

Graphics/Sound 10/10
The graphics in this game are simply amazing. Like say you play a level from the gamecube mario kart it will actually look bright and more detailed on the Wii. All the karts and bikes look better than before. I also loved how the characters are so clear looking. The sound was good too. Like when you bump into people and use items they all make sounds.

Final Opnion
Overall I feel Mario Kart Wii is a must have. It makes great use of the Wii's control scheme and graphics. It is a fun muliplayer game, and with the WiFi feature there is always someone to race against. I think if you like mario kart games, racing games, or need a fun game to play with friends, than this is a great choice for you.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/27/08

Game Release: Mario Kart Wii (US, 04/27/08)